Chapter 2

I stated into those alarming amber eyes. He was really a god. His midnight black hair was messed up in a sexy way. His nose was long and straight. His soft pink lips were widened into a grin. "You're awake.", he repeated in a sexy voice.

I tried to scramble away from the man, but the wall hit my back, denying access. "Did y-you save me from that wolf?", I whispered, my voice hoarse. The man smirked.

"Sweetheart, I am that wolf."

"I'm serious."

"I'm not kidding."

"You're insane."

"Well, insane or not, I'm a werewolf."

"Prove it."

The man smiled. "Not until you tell me your name."

"Not until you tell me yours."

"Kade. Now yours?"

I hesitated, trying to figure out if things would end up the way it did last time. If I tell this guy my name, there's no getting rid of him. Plus, he was a lunatic. There are no such things as werewolves!

"Kelly.", I answered. "Kelly Sanders." What bad will my name do to me? It's just a name. "Now prove to me that you're a werewolf." I cleared my irritated throat. Kade smiled. Gawd, he was perfect when he smiled. Why am I so attracted to him?

Instead of speaking a word and saying "I'm kidding!" or "I'm just joking!", he just got onto the floor. One moment there was a perfect man on the floor, another moment there was the same black and brown furred wolf that I saw in the woods. Then there was a man on the red carpet again.

I stared in horror. "If you're a werewolf...", I muttered.

Kade raised an eyebrow. "Yes?", he asks calmly.

"What did you do to my dog?!", I screamed.

Kade smiled. I swear, he smiled a lot. "You're dog is fine.", Kade said. "I could've killed it, but I figured you wouldn't like that, so just two legs were broken."

I gaped up at him! "Two legs broken?!", I exclaimed. "You fucking psycho! How the hell am I supposed to hunt?!"

Kade's smile never faded. "I can help you.", he stated simply. "You can't forget, I'm an 'abnormally large wolf'."

I frowned. He had a point. He looked pretty strong, especially in his wolf form. I looked up and met his eyes. "Fine, but where is my dog?", I asked.

"With my pack doctor, she's healing it.", Kade said. Gawd, why, seriously why, was I so insanely attracted to him?!

"If you're wondering why you're so attracted to me, then I might as well say that you're my mate.", Kade said. "Do I have to go through what mates are?"

I nodded quickly. Was that a werewolf thing? I bet it was. So Kade started explaining that mates were meant for each other, had to live each other, and had to protect one another until their last breath. Werewolves could have mortal mates, such as me apparently, vampire mates, which was a very rare case considering that vampires and werewolves hated each others guts, fairies, oracles, and other fairy tale like creatures that I've never even known to exist.

By the time he was done speaking about marks, Alphas, Betas, and werewolf stuff like that, I was totally in awe. I couldn't have asked for a better mate! But still, why me? Why was I chosen to be his mate? "Oh, and I'm the Alpha of the pack.", Kade added. Okay, why was I chosen to be and Alpha's mate? This had to be some kind if blessing.

Kade grinned at me. "Sleep tight, I'll see you tomorrow.", he said, turning around and heading towards the door. He's leaving me? Just like that? I looked up at the window near the bed. The sky was dark. How long have I been out for? I looked back at Kade. He was almost at the door.

"Wait.", I called out. Kade spun around, a smirk playing on his lips. "Stay with me, please.", I begged.

Kade grinned. "Well, if you say so.", he said. He slipped in next to me, causing the bed to dip. I felt instant warmth surround my body. Gawd, I loved him already! But can I trust him? What if he rejects me? That thought brought tears to my eyes. Will he reject me?

"Babe, of course I won't reject you!", Kade growled in an animalistic way. "Please stop crying, you know I'd never reject someone as perfect as you."

That calmed me down. He called me babe. That put an instant smile on my face. He called me babe! But...how did he know what I was thinking? And what I was doing? I was facing the other way.

"Becuase I'm your mate.", Kade explains, once again reading my mind. "I can hear your thoughts, while you can hear mine. I can also sense your emotions, so I thought you'd be crying."

I turned to face him, forcing a frown onto my face. "But what if I think about another man?", I ask innocently. "Wouldn't that hurt you!"

Kade growled possessively. "Mine.", he growled warningly. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Every time I squirmed, he would tighten his grip on me. I sighed. He was something. What was I going to do with an extremely sexy Alpha mate?

*****************************************************

Is it good? Comment and vote, please. I'd appreciate that a lot. Whoever comments get a dozen lemon cookies!!! Or red velvet cake, if you don't like those. And if you like them both, then who's saying or?! I'd rather say and!!! ^-^