1.to be with him (Avengers)

Chapter One: How Can It Be?

~August 8, 2012~

Jinx was driving down the following Nick Fury's dark vehicle; Stephanie was still slightly upset that she couldn't go to school today but when her mom told her that she'll actually get to meet her dad today, she was confused. She thought he was dead all these years, her mom thought he was dead as well, but in reality...he was just frozen.

"I'm sorry for cancelling school on you today. I know how much you enjoy socializing with other kids." Jinx said to her daughter when she looked in the review mirror to Stephanie staring out her window. Stephanie turned to her mom, her beautiful eyes looking at her like they were staring into Jinx's soul.

"It's okay, mom. I know how much you loved dad...and to get a chance to see him after all these years...I know that's important to you." S.J. said as she stared out her window again. Jinx raised an eyebrow.

"No sassy comment about how I'm an inconsiderable parent?" Jinx asked with a small smile. Stephanie didn't look at her mom; instead she was in her own thoughts.

"What if he doesn't like me?" S.J. asked as she glanced at her mom for a second, and then stared out the window once more. There was something about avoiding eye contact that made Stephanie feel comfortable with telling her mom about how she feels. "What if he thinks I'm a freak?"

"Stephanie Jess Rogers, you are not a freak! You are a unique child with incredible abilities. I love you so much. And I know your father will love just as much. Now, I admit...he might be confused about everything at first but...he'll get used to it. He should know by now that nothing is impossible." Jinx said as she focused on the road. Stephanie decided to end the conversation there in result of not knowing what else to say, her mother made her feel better; Jinx's speech gave the child some confidence.

~*~

Nick escorted the women into the room where they were holding Steve. Jinx told Stephanie to stay with Nick as she went into the room. Jinx held her breath before she opened the door, and there he was sitting there with his back turned to her. 'Perfect.' Jinx thought. She straightened herself up before saying the first thing that came to her mind.

"You're late for our date, mi amour." Jinx said. Steve's head lifted up and he slowly turned around. Blue eyes met hazel eyes like it was the first time. Steve was as handsome as she could remember. Steve stared at his wife in shock, he thought she got old and died but she was there right in front of him.

"Jinx? How–?"

"How are you still alive after the crash?" Jinx asked before Steve could get to ask his question. Steve shook his head.

"I don't know." Steve told her honestly, he walked towards her and grabbed her hand. "You're really here. It's really you." Steve said as he laid his big hand on her cheek.

"Yes, it's really me, Steve." Jinx said with a smile. The way Steve looked at her always made her blush, even to this day.

"But...how?" The super solider asked as he pressed his forehead against the love of his life as his left her cheek to her neck.

"We're different from regular people, Steve. There is so much to tell you. I want you to meet someone very special to me."

"Who?"

"Our daughter." Jinx told him. Steve looked her in the eye. Jinx could see the confusion and shock.

"Daughter?" Steve asked as he shook his head slightly. "She must be 70 years old by now."

"Oh yeah, she is. And trust me, she's a handful. " Jinx said with a wide smile thinking about her little girl. "Um, do you want to meet her?"

"Of course." Steve said with a nod. Jinx nodded and left Steve's embrace to walk towards the door she entered from earlier.

Steve stood there, waiting to see a elderly woman with white hair and pale skin but he was confused to see a little girl that looked no more than eight walk in with Jinx. "She must be our great granddaughter?"

"No, Steve. She's our daughter." Jinx said as she nodded down at Stephanie. At first, he couldn't believe but then he really gave the small girl features a run over. He notice how they shared similar features but she overall looked like Jinx, in his opinion. Steve kneeled in front of the girl, who he was just told was his daughter.

"What year were you born?" Steve asked.

"1944." Stephanie replied. Stephanie was so nervous that she started to squeeze Jinx's hand. Steve looked up at Jinx. The tan woman just gave him a smile and nodded at him to say something else.

"My name is Steve. What's yours?"

"Stephanie. I'm named after you." S.J. said with a shy smile. It was weird for her to be so nervous, she was usually very confident in who she was but the man in front of her made her feel weird. She loved him and she doesn't know anything about him. He was her dad, and she loved him.

Steve looked from Jinx to Stephanie. Steve opened his arms, in a way asking the little girl to hug him. Stephanie looked at him and then her mother. Jinx smiled and her and mentally said, 'Go on, Steph. He won't hurt you."  The little girl let go of her mother's hand and leaned forward into Steve's arms. She held on to him, squeezing tight. Steve hugged the child back, not squeezing her too tight for the fear he might hurt her. Tears were forming in Jinx's eyes, she only dreamt of a day when her daughter would meet her father. It felt so unreal. She couldn't believe it. Steve picked up his little girl and moved closer to Jinx, he kissed her lips gently and felt the electric spark he would every time her lips were against his. Stephanie watched her parents kissed, it was the first time she has ever seen her mom intimate with another man.

Steve pulled away from her lips slowly. Jinx stared into his eyes and blushed. Steve gave her a small smile and whispered to his girls, "Let's go home."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*|~*~*~*~*~*~*~*|~*~*~*~ (A/N)

There you go folks! The first chapter of the second book in the Captain America series! I hope you guys liked this chapter. Anyways, I think there will be one more chapter of family time and then on to the movie! I'm so excited to start the movie. There is so much in store for the Rogers family and I can't wait to unleash it to you brilliant people!

Don't forget to leave a review! Thanks.