3.the super fan (Avengers)

Chapter 3 – The super fan

Stephanie quickly packed her to go duffel bag. The little girl glanced at herself in the mirror.

She was tired. She was tired of running around because of her mom's job. She was tired of being a "little girl". She was tired of all the abnormality in her life.

She felt because of her appearance, people didn't take her serious. She's warned her parents about the Norse God but they won't listen. They rather pacify her, and the girl hated that.

"SJ, are you ready," her mother, Jinx, asked as she barged into her room.

The "child" nodded, grabbed her favorite teddy bear and duffel bag. "Why do I have to go to the safe house?"

"Because we want you safe," Jinx told her as they walked through the front door to the vehicle waiting for them, "I thought that was obvious."

"Don't sass the sassy one," SJ said as she got in the black SUV. She sat between her mother and father.

"Special Agent Hopkins will fly with you to your safe house, Stephanie," The Agent driving informed her, while also informing her parents.

"Hopkins? Again," she groaned. Jinx and Steve eyed the girl at the same time.

"What's wrong the Hopkins?" Lady America asked.

"He's old," was her reply.

"You're old," Steve commented, "Technically."

"Touché," the "seven" year old said, "but I don't look old. Uncle Stark use to tell me that I should live to be a thousand years old."

"Surely he was over exaggerating," Jinx told Steve. SJ glared at her mom before crossing her arms, she sighed.

"Which safe house am I going to?"

"The one in Germany," Jinx told her. "I know how much you love German chocolate."

"I guess I can forgive you then."

Steve and Jinx chuckled at their daughter's response. After about forty minutes in the car, SJ fell asleep, so when it was time to get on her plane her father carried her to the other agent instead of waking her up.

"Take care of her," Steve ordered the Agent.

The older bald man nodded, "I'll protect her with my life, sir."

Steve nodded. He stood there for a moment, watching the man carry his daughter into their plane. He sighed. He didn't know what being a parent felt like until he had to part with SJ, his daughter. Trusting someone else with her life was a hard thing for him.

"Steve, she's going to be fine," Jinx assured him, "he's going to take care of her."

Steve continued to stare as the plane took off, "Is it bad that I miss her already?"

The brown woman smiled, "No. I miss her as well." She laid her head on his back and wrapped her arms around his chest. "We should be going. Phil is waiting on us."

"Okay," Steve said, taking Jinx's hand in his as they walked off.

~Avengers~

Inside the jet, Steve and Jinx watched a video of the Hulk. Although Jinx have seen it one hundred times, she still finds it "fascinating". But she also felt guilty. Banner use to write her loads of letters, asking her to assist him in his studies, each time she declined him.

He didn't want to wait for her approval, so he continued his experiment without her advice which resulted in the Hulk.

"We're about forty minutes out from home base, Sir." The pilot told Phil. Agent Coulson stood from a chair and walked over to Steve and Jinx.

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me and my wife?"

"A lot of people were," Jinx said with a frown. She shook her head to herself, her eyes were glued to the screen.