2.the cube (Avengers)

~August 8, 2012~

Steve held Stephanie in his arms as he walked out of the room he was just in with Jinx. Nick stopped them before they could walk off completely.

"Wait. Hold on. Where are you all going?" Nick asked as he held out his hand, motioning them to stop.

"Home. What does it look like Mr. Eye?" Stephanie said. Jinx quickly pinched the little girl's skin. Stephanie flinched and mumbled, "Ow." Jinx gave her daughter a look. Instead of testing her mom, S.J. decided to lay her head on Steve's shoulder. Nick raised an eyebrow; he then pulled Jinx to the side.

"You can't take him from the shield building, you live too far out. Now, if you move in the same home we prepared for you all, then okay."

"Nick, you're not about to put us in an apartment. You know why? I have a seven year old who likes to have sleepovers. Eight girls in one-apartment sounds like a nightmare. Plus, I haven't seen my husband in 70 years! How dare you try to take him from me once again? You are an inconsiderate jackass! You can't just–" Jinx ranted at the tall, dark man. Nick allowed her to get upset but then cut her off when her got bored of the conversation.

"As much as I like hearing you call me a jackass, I must inform you that we got you all a house that's one three miles from the shield building...in this suburban neighborhood."

"It would be closer to school, mom!" S.J. said excitedly from her dad's arms. Steve looked at the girl; a bit confused...Jinx was on the other side of the room. How could his daughter hear them talk? "I'm not like most children." Stephanie whispered. Steve looked at her and asked, "What?"

"You were wondering about my hearing? You were thinking it. I can hear your thoughts."

"You can?" Steve asked incredulously. Stephanie nodded before she laid her head down once again on his shoulder. Steve watched Jinx and Nick go at it for another ten minutes. After the small discussion, Jinx walked over to her husband and daughter with a new set of keys in her hands.

"Looks like we'll be moving into a new home. I'll drive." Jinx said as she walked passed them. Steve smirked and shook his head slightly. 'I'm glad she hasn't changed a bit.'

~August 14, 2012~

"Mom! Dad!" Stephanie yelled through her new home. It was 2 a.m. and of course her parents were in bed.

Jinx and Steve cuddled close together. In 70 years, Jinx can honestly say that it was the first time she's ever slept so peacefully. Stephanie suddenly burst in the room, waking her parents up. Both of the super soldiers shot up ready for action, but the settled down once they saw their little girl in front of them. Jinx glanced over at the clock next to her bed and sighed, she slowly got out of bed and walked over to the little girl.

"Honey? What are you doing up?" Jinx asked her daughter. Jinx noticed something was off about S.J. at that moment when the little girl didn't respond right away.

"Stephanie?" Steve called out to the 7-year-old.

"Somebody's coming." She whispered as she hugged a teddy bear tightly. Jinx knew what was happening, so she stood in front of her.

"Who's coming, baby?"

"The man who wants us to kneel before him."

"Can you tell me a name?" Jinx asked. Steve was a little confused as to what's going on but he was started to catch on. 'She dreams of the future.' Steve got out of bed and walked over to his girls.