11.the rescue

~1943, Search & Rescue~

Steve landed first at the location where the soldiers were being held hostage as Jinx floated from the sky right after him, her eyes were lit up to be this blazing white color. Steve, although confused and hurt from their previous conversation, thought his wife was the most beautiful gal on this planet. Jinx's eyes went back to normal as her feet touched the ground; she looked at Steve.

"You ready for this?" Jinx asked her husband, Captain America.

"As ready as I'll ever be. You stay next to me, okay?" Steve told Jinx. Jinx fought back the urge to roll her eyes; instead she sighed and nodded before allowing Steve to run off, following behind him.

Carefully, the two superheroes walked into a crowed room full of scared, pissed off soldiers. Steve quickly walked over to break the lock of their cages. Jinx broken a few herself with her superhuman strength. The men gawked at her appearance; Jinx didn't realize their faces but of course Steve did. He gave the men a look that told them that she was spoken for and they shouldn't be thinking what they are thinking.

"Who the hell are you two?" A man, known as Gabe Jones, asked the two superheroes. Jinx and Steve shared a look with each other before turning back to they soldier.

"I'm...Captain America. And she's–"

"Lady America. Now, you men go out there and give 'em hell. I mean it." Jinx ordered the men as she placed her hands on her hips. Steve fought back the smirk he wanted to place on his lips.

"We'll meet you guys in the clearing with anybody else we find." Steve told them as he ran off. Jinx stood there for a moment as the men continued to stare at her.

"Go!" Jinx said loudly. The men jumped slightly as the mumbled "Yes ma'am" to her.

"Wait, you know what you're doing?" Gabe asked her.

"Yeah. I've kicked a few asses in my day." Jinx told the soldier. He gave her a look before running after the others. Jinx smirked to herself as she ran after her husband.

Steve and Jinx looked in each room the passed by, Steve looked as if he wanted to give up but he wasn't going to.

"Steve, let's try this room." Jinx told him. Steve looked at her and nodded. He opened the door to see his best friend strapped to a chair in one of Schmidt's testing labs. Jinx gasped once she saw the state Bucky was in. "Steve, unstrap him." Steve quickly walked over to his friend.

"Hey, it's me. It's Steve." Steve said as he unstrapped Bucky. Jinx waked over to help him get the buckles loose faster.

"Steve!" Bucky said almost breathlessly before he opened his eyes, and once he did he saw the difference in friend who was once smaller than him. "Steve?"

"Come on." Steve said. Bucky turned to see the girl that was helping him.

"Jinx?"

"One and only." Jinx said with a soft smile as Bucky looked at her up and down. He knew about Steve's feelings for her but damn...he could not deny how attractive she was.

"I thought you were dead." Steve told his best friend. Jinx could detect the sadness that was drawn in his voice.

"I thought you were smaller." James "Bucky" Barnes said referring to Steve's change of appearance. "What happened to you? What happened to the both of you?"

"I joined the science group for the army. I ended up drinking some juice that almost killed me." Jinx told Bucky. The young soldier looked at her for a moment and smirked.

"I joined the army!" Steve said referring to his undergoing change to a super-soldier.

"Did it hurt?" Bucky asked as his eyes traced over the difference in Steve once more.