07.the serum worked perfectly

~1942 Brooklyn, New York~

Jinx was in the operation booth getting prepared for the experimental session that will change the life of her new fiancé, Steven Grant Rogers. As she was working and checking on things, Howard turned to flirt with her but noticed the ring on her finger before he said anything.

"Well, would you look at that? Proof that you're actually spoken for." Howard said motioning towards the ring, Jinx smiled shyly at him and shook her head. "So, who's the lucky guy?"

"Steve Rogers." Jinx said with a smile.

"Steve-? Wait. Isn't that the guy who's being our Guinea pig today?"

"Well, when you say it like that...." Jinx whispered as she glared at the dark haired man named Howard. Howard quickly lifted his head in defense, and Jinx rolled her eyes.

"Are you nervous?" Abraham whispered to Jinx as he stared out at the machine that Steve would lie in.

"I have faith that this will work. I mean, it did work on me."

"Thank you." Abraham said with a small smile. "Will you be downstairs with me? I would hope so. Steve needs your support."

"Oh, yes, I know. I will more than likely be down there with him. I'm just going to go change into some comfortable clothing." Nodding, Erskine motioned for the changing lockers where she walked in to change. Jinx allowed her white hair to be out of her usual ponytail and fall pass her shoulders, she wore a navy blue dress that fitted her curves well and black heels that made her just an inch taller. When she got back to the lab, everyone was silent, looking up at Steve Rogers.

The small man was looking around the room, until his eyes found hers. He sighed in relief to see that she was there ready to support him. Peggy beside him, nodded and led him down the stairs and towards the dozen scientists.

They both reached Dr. Erskine at the same time. Steve looked as though he was about to vomit all over the place, while Jinx just gave him a reassuring smile. Steve reached over to shake the older German man's hand, Abraham smiled. "Good morning," There was a flash of a camera and the doctor looked towards the photographer and frowned. "Please, not now."

Both doctors watched the soldier look at the slightly small machine that was going to be closed and have every atom in his body changed.

"Are you ready?" Erskine asked. Steve nodded nervously, Abraham looked over to Jinx and nodded also. "That's good... Take off your shirt, your tie and your hat." Steve swallowed and started to undress, not looking at Jinx, which was strange considering the fact that she's seen him shirtless before but only once. Jinx looked at him closely and saw that he was blushing and that just only made her blush as well.

"Steve, you'll be fine... I would never let you do this if I didn't think you would be alright." Jinx said as she laid a hand on his cheek, in a way forcing Steve to look at her.

"Will it hurt?" He asked.

"It didn't hurt me. It just made me sleep for a long time." Jinx whispered as she inched closer to his ear. "I'll be with you. Even after this, my heart will still beat for you and only you." Steve nodded, he walked to the machine and laid down. Erskine went over to his left side, while Jinx was making sure everything was in place on his right.

"Comfortable?" Abraham asked, looked down at Steve. Looking down, then back up at Erskine with a smirk he said, "It's a little big."

The doctor laughed, as Jink placed a hand on Steve's shoulder. "You'll grow into it, dear."

"Did you save me any of those schnapps?" Steve looked to Erskine. Jink raised an eyebrow at Abraham as he looked guilty towards Steve. "Not as much as I should have... Sorry."