03.the festival

~1942 Brooklyn, New York~

"It's nice to be back home." Jinx said as she looked outside. "So many memories. Good and Bad."

"Stop making it rain. I have a festival tonight." Howard said as he noticed the change in weather.

"Sorry, Howard." Jinx said as she then made the skies clear of rain.

"What's wrong with you anyways?" Howard asked trying on another jacket for tonight's festival gathering.

"I want to see my friends, but I'm afraid to. I don't want them to see me like this. I look terrible." Howard turned around to see Jinx stare at her hands, he walked over to her and lifted her face up to see him.

"You don't look terrible. You're beautiful."

"Thanks, Howey." Jinx said with a smirk.

"Are you going to be one of my showgirls tonight? There's an opening spot for you to get a kiss from me."

"Oh please. I'm spoken for, remember?" Jink said easily rejecting him. Howard smiled. It might seem strange but always look forward to get rejected by Jinx, he loved that she really didn't want him where there are tons of girls who do. "I'm going to be hanging out in the recruitment center while your festival is going on.

"At least stay for the flying car bit. I have a feeling it'll work."

"I bet you ten dollars that it won't stay up for a minute, as I told you before there's a lot of more work to be done on it." Jinx told him as she continued to look outside and write down personal notes in her journal. Howard looked at her and rolled his eyes, deep down he knew she was right but he was far too prideful to admit it.

"You know, after this...we should go out for fondue."

"Hmm, not sure if I'll be in the mood but if I am I'd love to, but while we're out I'm going to order more than cheese and bread since you'll be paying for it." Jinx said with a small chuckle as he found a ponytail holder and put her hair up.

"You sure know how to make a man spend his money on you."

"You should know." Jinx said as she walked over to him and fixed up his jacket properly. "Every woman you date end up having you broke by the end of night."

"It's all worth it by the end of the night." Howard said with a wink. Jinx scoffed at the hint he was trying to send her.

"You're disgusting." Jinx said as she shook her head and quickly grabbed her things. "I'll see you tonight. Love you."

~1942 Brooklyn, New York (later that evening, festival time.)~

Steve and Bucky were now both ready for tonight's "The Future" festival. Bucky knew that since Jinx left Steve never looked at another woman and Bucky wanted that to change. Of course he would love to see Steve settle down with Jinx but recently he felt that something bad happened to Jinx and no one told them about her death or something. James "Bucky" Barnes looked at his best friend and slapped his shoulder.

"Cheer up, Steve. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here." Bucky said with a cheeky grin to try to get a smile out if his small, blonde friend.

"Hell, I'd settle for just one." Steve said as he mind thought about the one girl he truly loved. Jinx Gomez.

"Good thing I took care of that." Bucky said as he waved to the dates he's lined up.

"What did you tell her about me?"

"Only the good stuff." James reassured his friend as they both walked towards the girls.