09.the captain america show

~1943, England; Military Base~

It's been a whole year since the lovers, Steve and Jinx Rogers seen each other. It was difficult, at first, but the letters that were sent out everyday helped them cope with the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~

'Dear Hummingbird,

You wouldn't believe the many cities I've been to, and the many people I've met!

I don't know why I'm trying hard to be or feel excited when I'm not.

I wish I was over there with you. Just to have a major part in this war would make me feel like I was meant for something, you know? And just to be close to you, Hummingbird, would mean so much to me. I miss everything about you. You touch, your skin, your laugh, your smile....just everything. Be safe until I get there. I love you.

Your husband,

Steve Rogers'

~~~~~~~~~~~••••••~~~~~~~~~~~

'Dear Mi Armour,

I wish you knew how much of a part you're playing just by giving the Americans hope.

I know you hate performance and I know you hate your attire, but dear, you're putting tiny smiles on children's' faces.

It is very busy over here in England; Chester always have me doing something so the five minutes I have to myself are spent reading and writing you. I miss you so much, Steve. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Keep pressing on. You ARE meant for something.

Your wife,

Jinx Rogers'

~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve would spend the hours he had to himself writing all her letters over and over, the scent of her perfume she would spray on the letter would make his heart jump like a jack rabbit. The thought of his wife will always make him happy.

~Italy, 1943, Military Center~

Jinx sat in the crowd full of injured men as she watched her husband perform the Captain America bit that he told her about. She knew that Steve would most likely not recognize her at all once they meet again if she could catch up to him after the performance; her hair was cut to just below her ear, her tan skin was now much more tan than when he last saw her, her eyes were no longer Hazel; they a beautiful green.

After the girls finished their song, Steve stood near the mic addressing a crowd of soldiers in Italy dressed in his super-hero costume. Jinx smiled proudly at him and couldn't help but think about how handsome he looked.

"How many of you ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" Steve asked, no one else caught on but he was slightly awkward and the silence from the crowd of soldiers was not helping the situation. "Okay. Uh...I need in volunteer?" Jinx was about to say something but one of the Army men said something before she could.

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" The army man with blonde hair said. The crowd of soldiers laughed at the heckling. "Bring back the girls!" There was a cheer from the soldiers which only made Jinx give all of them the ultimate eye roll.

"I think they only know the one song. But um...let me...I'll...I'll see what I can do." Steve stuttered; he didn't know what to do. The crowds he usually perform in front of were small children who would smile happily towards him.

"You do that, sweetheart."

"Nice boots, Tinker Bell!" Another man from the crowd shouted and Jinx was almost certain that it was that Hodge guy who said it. She'll deal with him later. The crowd of soldiers laugh once more at the rude jokes that the injured men threw at Steve.