chapter thirty two

♡♡♡

7.2.16 | 2 Hours.

"Emily!" My mother gasped in disbelief when she saw me still lying in bed at two in the afternoon.

"Hm?" I mumbled rolling over on my side to face her.

"The wedding starts in a less than three hours and you're still in bed." She stated the obvious, her tone very serious and almost scary.

"Oh right, I'm not going." I informed her shrugging my shoulders and then simply closing my eyes once again.

My mother was silent for a few second but I could feel her harsh glare burn down on me. I didn't dare open my eyes to meet her own.

"What do you mean you aren't going to the wedding?" My mother yelled frantically and my eyes quickly open with shock to look at her again.

"It means I'm not going, mum." I clarified stating the obvious fact she wasn't quite grasping.

"That is ridiculous!" She shouted, her voice sharp and almost frightening.

"I'm leaving tonight, mum! Why does it even matter?" I screamed back sitting up to rest on my arm and glaring at her.

"This is your best friends wedding, a once in a lifetime event, you are going Emily and that is final." My mother exclaimed, "If I come up here in ten minutes and you aren't getting ready then I will force you out of that bed Emily Rose Williams."

She then slammed the door so hard that the walls shook. I don't know what made her so tense today, but I really didn't want to deal with it.

I sighed falling onto my back and staring at the ceiling. Today my best friend was getting married and I was determined not to go. I couldn't watch him, the boy whom I had fallen in love with marry the girl that made my life hell. It would be too painful.

"Emily, you better be getting ready!" I heard my mother call from the staircase.

My attention is then turned over to the peach colored dress, the one that Gemma had bought me, hanging on my closet door. The only article of clothing I had left in my empty room.

Maybe if I showed up looking really hot to his wedding it'll make him change his mind.

I just wanted him to realize that I was the one for him. It should be me. It's always been me. Maybe I was delusional, or maybe he was.

I sat up from my bed and walk over to the window that looks directly into his. He was trying to tie his tie in the mirror. I couldn't help but frown as I watched him struggle. He then turned his attention over to the window and my eyes grow more alert as I quickly squat down so he wouldn't see me.

However I peek me eyes up to still glance out, but without getting caught for staring. He looked sad, when he should be the happiest he's ever been. He frowned as he grabbed his jacket off his chair and walked out of the room. His tie still not tied.

My head was telling me to go to his wedding, I knew it would mean a lot to him if I went, but my heart was telling me no because I know it will be painful to watch. I didn't need any more heartbreak than what I've already experienced.

I look back over at the dress, biting down on my lip. I stand up and walk over toward it, softly touching the material.

"Hey," someone said softly from the doorway causing me to jump.

I quickly turn around to face Elyse resting in the doorway. Her hair pulled back in a loose bun, she wore a pastel blue dress that made her green eyes illuminate brightly.