Prologue

I throw my body down onto the sofa after a long day of rehearsals for tour. I love doing it but now I'm exhausted. I'm about to drift off when Joe storms in.

"Guys we need to talk." He says sternly making me sit up straight. He throws a newspaper at me, I catch it and open it drowsily.

"Page 7." He harshly tells me. I flip to the page with confusion.

My eyes widen as I see the report on me and James. A picture of us hugging fills the double page spread with a huge title reading:

B O Y  B A N D  B A E S ?

I roll my eyes at the article written, telling the world that me and James are secretly in love. The things the media will do for attention is ridiculous. I pass the newspaper to James, he scoffs at it. They've been posting stories like this for a few weeks and each one is worse than the other. Apparently, we are secretly dating because we are close friends. The fans don't help the situation either, a small handful of them encourage the rumours and try to prove that they're true.

"We can't have this. It's ruining the image of the band. We need girls to be wanting you, not thinking you're into guys and that they have no chance with you." Joe scolds us as if it's our fault.

"Well they don't have a chance anyway." James rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

"If they want to believe that we're together then whatever, let them." I shrug.

"Brad." Joe sighs. "We have to fix this, we've planned something for both of you. Loads of celebrities have done it before and it will sort this all out easily." He says, looking nervous. Obviously, we aren't going to like it.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Fake girlfriends." He announces.

Sylvia:

Alexa: