12: Dumb Ideas and the Bet

Stranded Chapter 12

Niall's P.O.V:

"So. . . uh. . . How does this work?" I asked in hesitation. "I'm really not sure," Rose said as she looked at the two wood skis that were in front of us. "It's simple. It's like water skiing," Cameron said, "with out a jet ski of course." "I don't know how to water ski," I said and frowned at the situation we were in. "Plus we don't have a boat," Rose said. He smirked and said, "Then I guess you will have to watch the expert."

He placed the two ply woods on the water and left them to float. Then, he stood up on the board. Hit foot sunk to the bottom along with the wood. He frowned and scratched the back of his neck in thought. I rolled my eyes and walked next to him in the water. Rose stood off to the side and she tried to get her skis on.

"This may be harder than it looks," he said. "It looks like the expert became the beginner," I teased. He scowled at me and said, "Watch it blondie." "What? Are you trying to show off to Rose?" I whispered through clench teeth. "In matter of fact I am," he said, smirking as he knew it caused a rise of anger to flow through me. I frowned and said, "Listen here Mr. Know It All-" "Yeah yeah. I know. Don't flirt with her or go after her. I hear it all the time. If you like her so much, why don't you ask her out already?" "If you haven't noticed here, but we are stranded on an island," I whispered in a sarcastic tone. "It's more about survival," I added.

"I'd take the chance before I lose her," he said, he smirked before walking away towards Rose. I stood there, stunned. My jaw clenched tight to where it began to hurt my bone. I snapped out of it and turned around to see Cameron was helping Rose walk towards the water. His hand was on her lower back and that was all it took for me to become furious. I clenched my fists to my side and I quickly jogged over to them. I walked on the other side of Rose and took her arm. "Here I'll help," I said. Cameron shot me a glare.

I ignored him as I helped guide Rose to the ocean. "I think she doesn't need anymore help," Cameron said and pulled her back. "No, I think I shall help," I spat and pulled her back towards me. Rose tumbled into me and stared back and forth between Cameron and me. "Are you two okay?" she asked in a more calm tone. We looked at her and nodded; faking a smile. "Everything is peachy," I said in a strained tone. "Okay?" She nodded and walked away.

"Listen here hot shot," I growled. He rolled his eyes and said, "I'm done with this arguing." He turned around but I pulled him back to face me. "Back off of Rose, would you?" I glared at him. We never broke eye contact from one another. The hate for each other radiated off of us and could be felt.

"Why would I?" He narrowed his eyebrows. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger. "How about we settle this?" He looked at me, curiously. He crossed his arms across his chest as he licked his dry lips. "Go on," he said. "I bet you that if I could get Rose to be mine by the time we get off this stupid island then you need to back off of her," I said. "And what if I get her by the time we get off this island? Then what?" he asked. I sighed and reluctantly said, "Then, you can have her and win. I will back off." His eyes lit up with pleasure and delight.

He smirked and held his hand out. "Deal." I frowned and shook his hand. "Let the best man win," I said. He walked off to Rose. "Let the games begin," he called over his shoulder with a sly look in his eyes. I really hate this guy. He is so conceited and full of himself. It is about time to teach him a lesson.

I unclenched my fist- the fist I did not know I was clenching- and I turned around and walked back towards the camp site until realization hit me. I slowly turned around to see Rose was laughing and running away from Cameron whom was chasing her. Cameron sensed my stare and he turned with a smirk. I looked away; anger boiled in me as I realized what I did.

I made a bet on Rose.

A/n: And it all goes down hill. How is everyone! Little short update but I still hope you liked it! What do you guys think of me doing a Cameron Pov? Let me know!(: