22: Love, Explanations, and a Kiss

Stranded Chapter 22

Rose's P.O.V:

"How?" "Crazy." "Adventurous." "Not normal." "I know," Niall said and chuckled as he nodded agreeing before taking a drink from his coke. We sat in the fancy dinning room around a table on the boat. We were all starving and couldn't wait to eat. The lad's were all wide eyes as Niall told his "heroic" story. "So, you fell off a cliff and broke your arm?" Harry asked. "Yeah. Crazy right?" Niall smiled in triumph. "Definitely," the lads chorused together. "Niall, you did not fall off a cliff. If it was anyone it was me." I shook my head that was followed after with a laugh. "What a way to ruin the story, Rose." Niall shook his head but smiled.

"He tripped over a vine and split his arm open," I said. "That does not sound adventurous," Niall whined. "Well, it is what it is." I shrugged. "So, you never did fall off a cliff?" Louis asked. "No," Niall whispered and hung his head in shame. "Cheer up, Blondie. It was still adventurous." I smiled at him as I went to go wrap my arms around his waist. "Cameron calls me blondie," he said, sadly. "Someone is missing a certain someone," I teased. "Am not. Plus I don't miss Aussie at all," he scoffed but a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Okay. Say what you want to say but I know little Blondie misses Cameron," I teased him.

"He grew onto me. What can I say?" He shrugged as he let out a loud, boisterous laugh. "I'm glad everything is back like the way it was," I said, smiling as I entwined our hands. "Awe! Who knew we would ever find you two?" Liam said. "What happened?" Zayn asked. "All I remember was the plane going down and everyone was screaming then I blacked out," I said as I shuddered at the terrible memory. "I witness everything. It was horrible. I saw you being thrown from the plane and watching you black out. Then, I remember we were almost going to hit then I blacked out from the impact," Niall said.

"What was it like?" Harry asked. "It felt like you were trapped and there was no way out. The whole time you were thinking that you were going to die and nothing could save you from it but you had to believe you were going to make it," I said. Everyone was silent as they hung their heads. "At least you made it. That's all that matters, right?" Louis spoke up. All I could do was nod. "Maybe. Or the fact that Rose and I almost died and that could never be forgotten," Niall said as he looked down. It fell silent again once our food arrived. Our food was placed down in front of each of us. We ate in silence, besides Niall. He didn't touched his food which was very unlikely for him.

"Niall, you should eat. We were stranded and barely ate the whole time we-" "I'm not hungry Rose," he interrupted me. I looked at him with wide eyes. He pushed out his chair and stood up. He kept his gaze down on the floor as he walked out, leaving his untouched food and us behind. I dropped my fork on the glass plate, making a clink sound. I wiped my mouth and stood up to follow Niall, leaving an awkward table behind. I pushed open the kitchen doors and made my way through everyone before exiting out onto the upper deck. It was windy out here. I watch Niall walk past the pool and disappear behind a corner. I began to jog after him. I walked down a flight of stairs and walked past the pool with children swimming in it.

I turned the corner and walked up the next flight of stairs that were in front of me. My feet hit the wooden floor boards as I began to run after him. Each step I took, I ran faster. I pushed past the workers and the guest here. I ran past the small boats that were here incase we sank. I ran into someone, causing me to fall back. "Rose! Where are you going?" I heard my mum ask me. "Where's Niall?" I asked. "I saw him walk to the front-" "Thank you." I waisted no time in hurrying to him. I continue to run until I found myself at the front of the boat to see Niall standing at the front with his arms resting against the railing as he gazed out at the sunset. The wind made both of our hairs flow behind us and become knotted. I smiled to myself at how lucky I was to have a man like him.

I watch him as he was in thought. I gave him a few minutes before I slowly made my way towards him. "Niall," I softly spoke. He turned around to his surprise that I was here. "My mum said I could find you up-" "Shh," he whispered. I quickly closed my mouth. "Come here," he said as he held out his hand with a smile. "Let me show you something beautiful." I knew he was glad to see me here, knowing his smile never left his face. He was glad that it was only me and him right now. I was glad too.

A small smile fell on my lips as I took his hand in mine. He guided me to him. He stood behind me as we looked out at the sunset. We leaned into each other, wanting every itch of each other's body. We stood in silence as we enjoyed each other's presence. He rested his chin on my shoulder and watched me before saying, "Why?" I stayed silent knowing this was going to come up sooner or later.

"Why would I act like I forgot? I wasn't going to but when I woke up on the Sandy beach I knew we had crashed. I remembered the fight and how you said you wished I never knew who you were. I thought this was my chance to make you realize your mistake," I said. "It was mean. I know but I felt anger inside of me. What you said had hurt me, Niall. I never forgot about that fight. You really hurt me that night." A tear slowly fell from my cheek. I saw pain shoot through him like a bullet shooting out of a small firearm. "I was angry at you but mostly hurt and how you ignored me made it worse," I said. "But when I realized it was wrong for me to do this, it was too late and yet I still went through with it."

He said nothing, but embraced me in a hug. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," he said in my neck as his head rested in the crook of my neck. I felt small droplets of tears fall onto my shoulder and slide down to my collarbone. He was crying because he knew he had hurt me. I couldn't stand to see him like this. I pushed his blonde hair out of the way of his face and I made him look at me. His eyes were red and glossy.

"Why?" I now asked. "Explain with the videos you made," I said. "I watched you make your last one. I didn't watch the other ones but what did you talk about?" I asked. He looked back into my eyes and whispered those words that made me weak in the knees. "About how much I love you," he said. A smile fell on my lips as I engulfed him in a hug. He didn't hesitate to hug me back. We said nothing. Instead, our tears spoke for us. It showed us how much we care for one another. It should us how much we love each other. No matter what words are exchanged or our future fights; we will always love each other no matter what and we both knew that. Love will tell us where to go.

We pulled back and smiled at each other as we wiped our tears away, laughing a little. "Step up on the railing and close your eyes," he whispered. I did what he told me to do. I closed my eyes and step up. I felt him hold my waist and step up also. The wind continue to blow through our hairs and whistle in our ears as the boat cruised.

"Now open," he whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes to feel like I was flying (it was an amazing feeling but scary at the same time). The sunset was gorgeous from where we stood. The sun reflected off on the shimmering water. The sky was filled with the colors orange, pink, and yellow. And the waves crashed against the boat. We were both smiling in this perfect moment. He held out our arms and entwined our hands together. He played with my hands and held them. His large hands engulfed my smaller hands.

His hands caressed my hands. His hands were warm, soft, and comforting. We knew everything was over with. We battled everything through crashing, being stranded, and love. He knew he never wanted to hurt me again. I knew he meant everything he said. We both knew we love each other from now to the end.

I looked up at him as he looked down at me. His eyes glistened with love. Then, I knew what he wanted- what we wanted- and what we missed most. That's what I am going to do. We slowly moved in closer until our lips were inches apart. He looked down at my lips, then in my eyes. "Kiss me," I whispered and that's what he did. Our lips met and those feelings we have, poured out through the kiss. Love was the main feeling. Our lips moved in perfect sync. The kiss felt like forever. It was as if our lips were meant for each other.

He wrapped both of our arms around my waist as we continued to kiss and I knew at this moment everything would be perfect. I knew I love him- in love with him. I will love him until the end and he will love me until the end. He was mine and I was his. No matter what the future brings us, we will always love each other.

Even if it means being stranded.

A/n: The last chapter of stranded! There will be an epilogue so keep an eye out for that! Check out the song to the side>>> and tell me what you think of the last chapter! See you in the epilogue!!