20: Fears and the Truth

Stranded Chapter 20

Rose's P.O.V:

Faster. Run faster Rose. You need to look for Niall. Run. Run was the only thing on my mind at the moment. I was scared out of my mind of what Niall is doing now. By done he can mean multiple things. I only hope he isn't doing what I think he is. I can't bare the thought of Niall doing a stupid mistake. He stayed strong for so long until he fell apart. He crumbled into pieces and gave up. He was done and thinks there is no hope. We have been stranded on this island for more than five weeks now- or so it seems to be (more or less). He can't stand being here anymore and neither can I, but for him there is no hope.

He thinks there is no hope to get off. We ruined one of our chances. I made a promise to myself and the other two that we will get off this island and we will. Now, I need to get Niall back and have him believe in hope. I need to mend his broken, fragile heart. We will get off. I need Niall to stay with me and not do something stupid, like now.

I ran out from the trees and through the camp site and straight towards Cameron. He sat in front of the campfire; happily eating some fish and clams as he kept warm. Tears were streaming down my face as I shook Camern, causing him to drop his food in the sand. "Awe man. I was looking forward to that," he pouted. He stood up and turned around to notice I was crying.

"What's wrong?" he frantically asked. "Niall-" I choked on my tears. "He was saying all these things and said he was done," I cried as I pulled him in a hug. "Now, I can't find him and I'm worried he may be doing something he will regret," I hiccuped. "Slow down. What now?" he asked as he wiped my tears away. "Niall. I think he may try to kill himself," I sobbed in fear. Cameron's eye widen as he held onto me and search frantically around.

"I'll go look for him. Stay here," he said as he began to walk a way. I gripped onto his arm and shook my head. "No," I said. "No?" he asked. "No, I'll go," I said. "It's better if I go. I need to tell him." "You mean-" But I stopped him with a nod. He nodded and gave me a packed backpack. I held the flashlight in one hand and the backpack on my back. I looked at Cameron and gave him a hug. It was a quick hug. Then, I began walking away until Cameron stopped me.

"Rose, there is something you should know," he whispered with guilt. I turned around and looked at him. "Yeah?" He took a deep breath and said, "Niall and I made a bet on you. We were foolish and dumb. The first one who got to kiss you has you. We didn't mean to cause anything but now that I know everything. I don't want to get in the way." I stood there to let things sink in. To be honest, I wasn't that surprise and I couldn't do anything about it. That was the last thing on my mind now and all I could do was nod.

I turned around and walked through the trees. I flicked on the flashlight and shined it through the dark jungle of trees only to see nothing but green and more green. It was silent besides the the rustles in the trees and the animal noises coming from a distance. I walked past some vines that laid on the ground or hung from trees. I saw a monkey up in the tree swinging on the vines and led a group of other monkeys.

I stopped walking as I was met with a giant boulder. I set my things on top of it and boosted my self up. I stood up and dusted my pants off. I picked up my things and jumped off. I landed with a thump and a tumble. My knee scrapped against the dirt but I ignored the pain and continued walking. A bird flew past me, causing me jump in fright. It was dark and cold. I was scared being here all alone.

I heard a scream come from the left of me. I turned around as fast as I can and shined the light in that direction to see nothing. Another scream came again from the same direction. I began walking. Slow at first. My feet picked up their pace as I walked towards the sound. Each step I took I would walk fast and soon I was running.

"Niall!" I hollered. "Niall!" "Niall, is that you?!" I yelled. Another scream came which caused me to sprint. I dropped all of my equipment as I ran past trees. Sharp branches would slice my skin, but I continued to run. I emerged from the trees to be on mine and Niall's cliff. Niall stood at the edge of the cliff with his splint off his arm. I looked next to him to see it lying on the rock. He was standing close to the edge.

I was numb in my spot and scared out of my mind. His arm had blood dripping down his arm and by now it could be infected. The blood dripped down onto the rock and slid off the cliff. He had tears in his eyes and dirt smudge marks on his red cheeks. His eyes were dull and lifeless. He looked like a different person and not his usual laughing, happy self. He had a strong grip on his broken arm as he screamed out in pain. Tears fell freely down as I watched him in misery. Not only from his arm but his heart was broken. He had so much pain in him that I've caused. This is all my fault. I know it is.

The wind picked up speed, making it roar in our ears. The mist hit of the waves my skin, and sending shivers down my spine. "Niall!" I yelled over the wind but he couldn't hear me. Not over the wind and him screaming out. I couldn't stand here and watch him fall apart into pieces. He looked over the edge, then straight ahead. I watch him relax his shoulders. The crashing waves were too strong to swim and you could easily drown. He was going to jump. I know it.

He looked back as his eyes landed on me. I was crying to think he would actually do this. His eyes soften as he sees me crying. "Rose," he whispered. I choked on my tears and I ran to him. My body crashed into his and I engulfed him in a bone crushing hug. I cried in his arms as he wrapped his arms around me. He grimaced at the pain of his arms but ignored it as he continued to hold me in his embrace. He buried his head in the crook of my head as he cried also.

His grip on me tighten as if he didn't want to let me go. Our embrace felt like forever and I wanted to stay like this forever. "You're so stupid Niall," I cried. "Why? Why would you do that?" I asked. He looked back into my eyes as he pulled back. His large, smooth hands held my face. I lifted my hands up and wiped his tears away, gently with my thumb. "Please don't do that again," I cried. "Why?" he asked. "You fall. I fall," I whispered. He shook his head as he held me in his arms. He didn't seem to have understood of what I've said. It seemed to me that he didn't want to believe what I've said.

"Why would you stop me?" he asked. His gaze dropped to the ground. "Because I love you," I whimpered. His eyes met mine as he stared back in disbelief. "You what?" he asked, he didn't believe me. I mean why would he? "I love you Niall James Horan," I said. This took him by surprise. "You were my first love since twenty-eleven," I said. His eyes went wide at what I have said. "From meeting you in Ireland to meeting you again in London by fate to going on vacation," I said as tears slowly fell down my face. "I knew you were the one when I first met you. When I caught your eye in Ireland at a little cafe to leaving and bumping into you in London again. I remember how I received your number. We were at a grocery story. You were with the lads and Harry shoved you into me. When our hands made contact I felt those tingles and sparks and I knew from that moment," I said.

He had more tears falling down from his blue eyes. His eyes filled with love and adore. "I remembered you accidentally dumped soda on me on our first date because you were so nervous. I still stuck with your crazy Irish butt." I giggled through tears. "Even what you've said to me at our vacation. . ." I fell silent remembering the awful memory. "I've never stopped loving you," I whispered. "But how?" he gasped. "I never forgot who you were," I hummed. "How could I?" I asked. "What does this mean?" he asked, astonished. I giggled as I shook my head.

I placed my lips near his ear. My cool breath hit his skin, sending shivers through his body. Then, I whispered those next few words that he always wanted to hear me say:

"Niall, it means that I have always remembered."

A/n: So only about five more chapters of this story, sadly. This wasn't my best story but I still enjoyed writing it. So let me know what you guys thought of this chapter! Halloween is in a few days and I'm excited! What are you all going to be?