chapter 4 - finding the dress

A few weeks pass and its one week till the spring dance, i have decided to go but am a bit apprehensive but my brothers will be there to look out for me. I told Matthew yesterday he was over the moon he will be picking me up on Friday at 7, So me and mum are going shopping for my dress. As we approach the town my eye piecing every shop window look at all the beautiful dress. But as we got so far down the town, i seen the dress that i love. As i told my mum she says 'you will look lovely in this dress.' This adorable baby-doll beaded cap sleeve short party dress is perfect for my spring dance. The gleaming jeweled bodice will help me to capture and keep the spotlight. I hope to realize that this special party dress is not only glamorous but offers me whimsy and fun with the sweet short tulle skirt with rolled hemline that matches my sparkling personality. I just hope it all goes smoothly and i don't have to run out early. As Matthew has been great with me and helping with my confidence, i truly like him very much. Back home i show dad and my brothers my dress they are gobsmacked and say 'you will knock then dead for sure and Matthew will love it he knows you are very special and i think he likes you he was round a bit ago looking for you but i told him you were out looking for a dress. His smile went from ear to ear i think you both make each other very happy.' Oh dad don't be silly we are just friends he makes me feel real again, like me again. Well am off for a nice long soak in the bath, then get ready for bed and watch some television in my room got a few things to programs to catch up on night all.

Its the day of the dance and am off to college for a few hours get this course work handed in, plus do a few hair styles for my exam in next few months. Well them few hours past rather quick now time to get home as mum is taking me out for a treat, to get my hair done and my nails and make up making me feel like a real princess. As i get to the house my mum is waiting for me in the drive, she tells me to jump in the car as its nearly time for your appointment. As we drive i see the clear blue skies with a few fluffy clouds and the birds dancing in the sky, as i feel the excitement build up inside of me, we pull up outside the hairdressers. I sit in the chair the lovely blonde hair lady said softly to me 'how would you like your hair.' I said 'i want to have long wavy curls that are flowing and easy to wear so it can come over my shoulders and comes into my face please.' That sounds lovely once we do your hair you can go into the other room to get your nails done. Thank you very much, now my hair is done it looks great am really happy with it. Now sitting waiting to get my nails done am wanting the black with silver diamond joules on to match my dress. All done just off to get my make up done the lady asked 'what i would like' i told her 'the color of my dress and showed her my nails and i want them to match or go with it thank you.' All done now time to go home get dressed and wait for Matthew to pick me up am so excited.