chapter 12 - The Party

Its the day of the party and we have been really busy get the food and everything ready, its almost 5 pm. I look out the window and notice a car pull up i never seen this car before, well i think i have not the man in the car looked at the house and see's me then drives off. I just shrug it off probably got wrong house so i don't tell Matthew.

Next there is a knock at the door everyone was starting to arrive for the party, we all start off in the living room there is about 20-25 of us. So as i say 'if anyone is hungry come into the dining room where Matthew is with the food.' Everyone was keep asking us 'whats the news whats going on,' and me and Matthew were saying 'we will tell you soon.'

Everyone is enjoying there food and my mother Sam pulled me into the other room, asked me 'what is going on is everything OK you have me very worried.' Mum don't be worried its good news, by the look in her eyes she has an idea, but doesn't say anything we go back into the dining room. I walk over to Matthew and say 'do you think we should put them out of there misery', 'yes dear i think we should tell them.'

Can i get everyone's attention well first of all me and Matthew want to thank you for coming, few people shout 'whats the news', if you give me a chance i will tell you all with a huge smile on my face. Right OK well we now have two sets of news to give you all and well the first one is we are going to get married, everyone was over the moon saying congratulations. My friend Lynn shouts 'what's the other news' everyone falls silent and our other news is we are going to have a baby. Everyone gasped giving us hugs shaking hands everyone was so happy for us. Am 12 weeks and a few days now we have only known for 3 weeks ourselves. As we walk around to get a breath our parents catch us they are overwhelmed they are going to be grandparents. We show them the scan photos they smile and have a few tears, but they can't wait. And everyone is now talking about babies and marriage everything is going great then there was a knock at the door.

I look out the window once again and notice that car again but no one was in it, so Matthew answered the door and this man was standing there, he asked if Laycee was in, Matthew of course says 'yes.' He shouts of me, when i walk into the passage i look at this man and all am think i have seen this man somewhere before but where. Then he says hi am uncle bob, i scream and run upstairs lock myself in the bathroom. Meanwhile Matthew tell's this man to leave and not come back again. Matthew runs upstairs as my father Ian calms everyone down.

Laycee where are you its me Matthew that man has long gone can you please tell me whats going on is it to do when you very a child and with your face, please open the door talk to me. I open the door with tears flowing down my face please tell me i will help, as i try to calm down i tell Matthew and that what he called himself when i was 5 years old that man did this to me. I have this card can you please ring it and ask for C.I.D officer walker ask him to come here with his daughter and ask everyone to leave, i will come down once they had gone. 'OK' he said. I said to myself at least this time i got the reg of the car hopefully this time they can catch him and he can get his just deserts. Every one is now gone and C.I.D officer walker is on his way, so i make my way downstairs as i feel a bit calmer our parents still here to comfort us. Asking if am OK i think so it was more of a shock than anything.

Knock on the door my dad answers, its officer walker come on in she is in the living room. He sits near me asking what had happened, so i explain to him and i also tell him i took his reg number down i hope it helps. This is great Laycee this could give us a lead, i will follow up on this when i get back to the office. What should we do if he comes back again, i will have a few offices patrol the area and keep a close eye for this car and at your house just keep everything locked and try and stay calm, we will get him. My dad says 'its been a long time coming.' Officer walker leaves so does our families. We sit on the sofa cuddling i don't want to let him go he rescued me from my dark place i don't want to go back there. Matthew suggest takeaway for tea i agree i could eat a Chinese, off he goes to order our tea chicken chow mien egg fried rice and curry sauce for me and he has chicken egg foo yung with chips and curry sauce. He pops his head through door its ordered am just going to the toilet will you be OK. ' yes' i reply.

About half hour later knock knock knock at the door i panic thinking it was him back again Matthew went, it was our food, Matthew serves and he brings it to the living room we watch a film a comedy an old one its called 'paul.' As we finish our meal Matthew clears up and sorts washing out makes sure everything is locked up. we go up to bed but am finding it hard to settle thinking this man is going to come back and do something worse what if he harms our unborn baby my mind is in over drive,as i stare in the dark room i suddenly fall off to sleep.