chapter 15 - second scan (20 weeks)

As 7 weeks had passed it was time for our second scan and to find out the sex of our baby, my stomach has grown so much and feeling little one move is so amazing and kicking i love the feeling. As i lay awake at 6 am Matthew turns over and puts his arms around me and opens his eyes and gives me a gentle kiss morning babe, morning sexy. He says in a soft voice 'today is the day my lovely we get to see our baby and find out if blue or pink, i know it brings a tear to my eye, are you OK Laycee he says. Yes am just so happy and never thought i would be living in this beautiful house with such a trusting and loving strong man, engaged and pregnant its just amazing i love Matthew. i love you to babe.

   Now dressed and had breakfast we get into our car since our appointment is at 11.30 am. We get there with 5 minutes to spare, get to the waiting area hand my notes over and within 15 minutes we were called in. As i lay on the bed i take a deep breath feeling a bit nerves but excited at the same time. Chris walks in now hi you two how you both doing, yeah we great can't wait to see little one again. 'Oh good' he says, am just going to get everything ready for you then we will check baby and all the measurements and even if you want to know we could try and find out the sex of the baby if he/she is lying well for us, yes i say i cant wait.

   As he sweeps over my belly he does all what he needs to and tell us everything is perfect baby is great and a lovely size, now do you want to know the sex, i nod and Matthew says 'yes we would love to please Chris.' as Chris gets the the area he needs to he say congratulations you are having a baby girl, i pull my hands to my mouth am so happy, Matthew kisses me and say you have made me the happiest man alive babe and shakes Chris's hand. Wow we going to have a daughter now we can buy lots of pink and we can choose a lovely name for this little lady. You can put yourself right and here is your pictures and your notes and i wont need to see you again, thank you Chris you made our time special and kept us calm, its OK its my job good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and enjoy baby when here bye, bye Chris.

   We grab a bottle of pop from the shop get in the car drive home, we call our parents to come over to give them the good news. We make some sandwiches and have biscuits out the kettle on, cups out ready as we do this the door opens in comes mum dad poppy and J full of smiles and eager to know, can we first sit out side since its a lovely warm day sun shining so bright the heat kisses your skin. We have sandwiches and biscuits and Matthew made a large pot of tea, as we sit Matthew pours out tea and everyone gets a plate takes a few sarnies and biscuits. They say at once tell us if boy or girl, OK well the scan went great she is healthy growing well, 'let me stop you there' poppy says did you just say she oh wow its a girl poppy jumping up and down cuddling everyone they all over the moon. We are so happy for you both you will be great parents.

   Now its time to settle just us now we take to the bedroom, get ready for bed and watch a film we slowly nod off to sleep as we do we say good night to each other.