Chapter 23

Violet's POV

"We need to talk Violet." I nodded nervously. He ushered me to his car and took me to a local café. I stayed silent and he didn't break the ice either. My hands were clammy, my leg pained with all the rocking and I swear my lip was on verge of bleeding because of biting.

We sat on our table for a while in silence. He studied my features and I looked at everything except him.

"You love him." He blurted out. My eyes went wide as I expected it to be a question but it sounded like a statement.

I finally looked at him in utter shock. This conversation was not going where I expected it to go.

"I know Violet that you do. It's just that Jason is too stupid to notice." I again broke the eye contact and stared at my hand.

"Violet." He sighed. I knew I won't like the next words. "I am sorry to break your heart but" he paused. That one second pause killed me million times. My eyes welled up without even me noticing. I blinked and bit my lips to hold back them. "But, you are making it more complicated for him to figure himself out. Do you understand what I mean?"

I somehow managed to nod and forced a smile.

"He is not focusing on the important things. He is falling in unnecessary troubles and somewhere you are common in them. I hope you know what I am trying to-"

"I understand Samuel. I have always wanted his good. I have always prayed for his good. I...I can do anything to see him happy. Even if it means... if it means leaving him." My voice cracked and last two words were left to just a whisper. My heart broke. My head went blur and just with a last nod at Samuel's sad smile, I left café.

I was glad that I brought my sunglasses, just in case of media attention. I caught a taxi that dropped me near the clearing Jason brought me to. I walked down the narrow trails and finally reached there. I immediately fell on my knees and cried my heart out. I cried not thinking about anything. I cried and cried and cried.

Feels like I will have to stop using mascara now. After all I have found a friend in its enemy- tears.

Jason's POV

I was done. I felt empty. I felt cursed. Will my happiness ever last? Why it has to be the way it is?

I drove as fast as I could, trying to oblige the traffic rules and finally reached my place. The place I go to let it all out. The place I can be myself. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw a taxi pull out. I slowly walked down the clearing. Curiosity getting the best out of me.

I immediately regretted it. There sat Violet, crying her heart out, shaking uncontrollably and struggling for breathe. I started running in her direction.

You caused it. My conscious reminded.

My legs stopped working. As much as I wanted to hug her and make everything alright, I knew I would make it harder for both of us. My feet stepped back on their own. I felt tears falling free down my eyes.

It's crazy how just days back we both were crying our heart out in each other's arms, knowing that we are secure there and today, we left each other on their own to break down. I sat in my car and cried.

Seems like heaven join us every time we cry as it started raining. Even this rain couldn't camouflage my tears today.

Sun was setting. I didn't wanted to leave Vi alone and I didn't have courage to face her so I called Cameron. She gave me his number when I demanded last night as he was the only one who could check on Vi in case of emergency.