Chapter 36

Jason's POV

2 YEARS LATER, current time.

Whole time during the flight to Paris my mind kept playing my history with Violet and kept wondering what drove her to leave me and her life here without so much of a goodbye.

Was it something I did? What must have happened? She promised me to never leave but she did, like they all do. Not even a single night in these past two years was void of her thoughts. Thoughts that make me smile and then break me all over again. But now, finally after what feels like an eternity, I am finally going to get my answers or at least a closure as to why 'we' didn't work. I need to move on and let go of the past along with people who played a part in it.

I tried to search her for 2 years. 2 damn years! Her family knew where she was but they wouldn't tell me no matter what and wont let me file a complaint. So I had to hire people but they stayed empty handed.

The moment flight landed, my phone buzzed and screen flashed the same unknown number. The only difference is that I know who this number belongs to now.

"Will you for god sake tell me why she left?"

"Patience Jason. I don't know what made her do that but I know that I am the one who changed her whole story. I can't tell you now and you need to find out for yourself. Her address is 216, Bridgeton apartments. All the best."

"If I am not wrong, you love her as much as I do, then why you can't find her?"

He laughed humourlessly.

"She hates me now." And with this, he hung up on me.

I was quite glad that paparazzi and fans were unaware of the sudden trip here. Hell, I doubt if even Samuel knows. Still I took my precautions and slid my Ray-bans on along with my snapback and hood. I took a cab to the said address.

The nervousness of seeing her after so long was killing me. All the emotions that I slid under the carpet for so long were resurfacing now, choking me. A part of me was angry, mad, depressed and heartbroken because she didn't even consider explaining to me that left me hanging with a thread for the past 2 years. Another part was worried, anxious and curious. It craved for her sight, for her touch, for her voice.

The cab pulled in front of a 4 storey building. I got out, paid the charges and made my way to the elevator. My hands were sweaty, my heart was thumping madly and my throat was sandpaper. I could hear blood pumping in my ear.

Why will I say to her? How will she react? Hell, how will I react?

I could feel my nervousness getting replaced by anger. I wept my clammy hands on my jeans and pressed the bell.

No answer.

I pressed again.

Again no answer.

I pressed twice more but still got no reply.

I lost hope again. My anger turned into frustration and hopelessness. I was in middle of kicking the nearby wall when an old lady came out of the opposite flat.

"Violet?"

I nodded hopefully. She checked her watch and smiled to herself.

"Its 8 in the morning, they will be in the park opposite to this buildings, as usual."

They.

I could feel myself hyperventilating. I almost gave up the idea by hearing the sound of 'they' but willed myself not to. Technically, we never broke up so she is still my girlfriend and even if she is not in love with me anymore, she owes me answers. Bracing myself for worst, I took the elevator and just in minutes, I was in front of a park. It was big, not very small but not huge too. People, mostly kids and teenagers were loitering around. But I had eye for a certain brunette. I tried to contain my anxiousness as I willed my legs to move.