Chapter 32

Jason's POV

"For the nth time Violet, its not like this!" I passed a frustrated hand through my hair as Violet smiled sheepishly at me. The light bulb in my head glowed and I rounded Violet's chair and hugged her from behind, my arms covering hers. I took her fingers in mine and slowly strummed the chords. She bit back a smile as I kissed her shoulder before placing my chin on her shoulder.

It was 2 days since Christmas and I was trying to teach Violet to play guitar. The key word being- 'trying'. I don't even know why I bought her a guitar for Christmas. Though her reaction to her gift was priceless. She literally jumped 4 ft. in air and squealed, throwing her arms around me in a tight hug that made me stumble. It was the first time she initiated a kiss. I would lie if I say that this wasn't my best Christmas so far. I would lie if I say that I didn't like the scrapbook she made for me. Hell, I loved it! It had all our beautiful memories captured in photos and words. But honestly the best gift I got this Christmas was Violet.

I could finally, officially call her mine.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I groaned, reluctant to let go of her. She chuckled and elbowed me in ribs. I glared at her playfully and slid my phone out.

"Yo bro! Whats up?" Violet gave me a confused look and I mouthed 'Cedric' to her. She gave a small smile and continued strumming.

"You sound cheerful." This reminded me that I was yet to tell them about 'us'.

"Do I?"

"Uh-huh. What happened?"

"Nothing just happy." I winked at Vi and she blushed.

"Whatever. We are planning to go fishing. You up for it?"

"Uh, hold a sec." I covered the receiver with my palm and asked Violet.

"I won't fish but I am up for it." She replied. I nodded.

"Yeah. We will be there." I answered Cedric.

"Ooo. We." I could picture a smirk on his face, making me roll my eyes.

"See you in an hour."

I hung up on him and turned to see Violet already getting up. I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me. Being the klutz she is, she stumbled and I caught her just in time. She glared at me and I smirked, leaning down before kissing her. She smiled in kiss as I snaked my arms around her waist. Catching her off guard, I picked her up and threw her on my shoulder.

"Jason!" she yelped as I laughed. "Put me down!"

She began pounding my back, making me laugh even harder. I was just too happy. Everything seemed too perfect to be true and I wanted it to stay like this forever. I spun around like madman and she shrieked again.

"Put me down or I will throw up on you!"

"I don't mind." I could almost picture her rolling her eyes at my cheesiness.

Out of nowhere, Tia and Xav came with their soap bubble guns and pointed it directly towards me.

"Free her or we will shoot you to death." Xav spoke through gritted teeth like literally through gritted teeth. Wow!

I raised an eyebrow and Tia took it as sign of refusal as she pressed the piston and just in seconds, my favourite t-shirt was spoiled. Great!

"Ok. Ok. Fine!" I threw my free hand up in surrender, putting laughing Violet down. She high-fived the two as I rolled my eyes.