Chapter 24

Violet's POV

2 months. It's been whole 2 months of not even catching a glimpse of Jason. He was avoiding me like a plague. I was bound by the words I gave to Samuel but Jason? He wasn't and he still didn't make any effort to call me or reach to me. To say I was heartbroken was an understatement. I felt betrayed. He promised me that he will always stay by my side and never leave me but he did. He left me all alone.

Like Samuel said, I was actually a bad influence on him. The media and tabloids are all quiet for 2 months now except for the rumours and stuff. I get it if he too thinks the same way. He has all right to do so. After all I almost shattered his reputation.

Me and Cameron are closer now. I can actually call him my friend now. He shares everything with me even though I am still a little hesitant. Why? Coz it doesn't feel the way it felt with Jason. With him it was just so natural. It felt like I can confide anything in him and he will understand not pity.

I shook my head to clear all thoughts as I stared outside my window at the cold wind making the leafless tender branches of tree move. Winters were approaching.

I opened the window pane slightly and immediately regretted my decision. The cold outside competed with the cold I was feeling inside. Biting my lips, I gently sat down on the edge of window. So many memories are attached to this place. Memories that keep me alive but suffocate and kill me too.

I leaned my head back and tried to suck tears up. My doorbell went off. I wiped my tears away and opened it, expecting Cameron.

My eyes bulged out of sockets as stood in front of me was the great man himself- Samuel Brown.

"Hey."

"Hi?" I mentally face palmed myself for being a dumb and making it sound like a question.

"Can I come in? I don't fancy freezing in cold a week before my wedding."

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment. How dumb can I be?

I nodded and sidestepped to let him in. He made himself comfortable on couch.

"Would you like coffee or-"

"I want you to meet him." I was dumbfound. Is he out of his mind? He told me to stay away from him 2 months ago and now here he is asking me to meet him! Why?

"Because he is not happy." I said that out loud. Didn't I?

"But I will only add to his miseries, Samuel."

"Actually it's opposite." He sighed. "He is very upset Violet. He-"

"If he was, he would have tried contacting me Samuel. He is better off without me."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I told him not to." He paused. Thinks were making sense now. "But he didn't stopped hanging out with you coz of that. It was coz guilt is eating him up. He thinks he is a bad influence on you and he made your life miserable."

"Why would he think that?" I threw my hands in disbelief and struggled through tears.

"Coz he cares for you Violet. Just like you do. You agreed to leave him just for his 'good'-" he air quoted good "same way he left on you for your good. But it did only damage to both of you."

I sighed. We stayed silent for a while letting the words sink in.

"I am sorry Violet, I was just so blind to see that I am his manager not his parent. If I didn't put my nose in his life he would have been happier." He stared at his hands in shame.