Naruto x Reader

Pretend everyone is at least 14 and Naruto is very OOC.

(Y/N) and Master Jiraiya stood at the gates of the village. "You're going to be here when I come back from this mission, right dad?" She asked her father with hope swimming in her eyes. "Of course I'll be here, I'm doing research. You better get going, the sooner you complete this mission, the sooner you can train with Kakashi." Jiraiya told his daughter.

Her eyes narrowed at him. "You promised me you would train me, but you're giving me to Kakashi again!?!" She asked with a glare. "Look kid, I got work to do." Jiraiya shrugged her off. "Pfft. More like you'd rather spend time checking out girls and Tsunade instead of spending time with your only child." (Y/N) muttered and made sure he could understand what she said.

He crossed his arms and was ready to scold her, until Naruto interrupted. "(Y/N)! Grandma Tsunade said this mission has been cancelled due to something involving Anbu." Naruto informed her. She huffed and crossed her arms. "Great. Will you train me now dad?" (Y/N) asked with a scowl. "What more do you need to improve on? You're at the same level as Kakashi and Anbu. You don't need anymore training and with that said, leave me alone to my research." Jiraiya said to his daughter before quickly disappearing.

(Y/N)'s hands clenched and made a fist. Anger boiled inside of her and she didn't know what to do with it. Naruto watched her and sighed. "Hey, I'm sorry Pervy Sage won't spend time with you, but don't be angry at him. I'm sure he'd love to spend time with yo-" Naruto tried to cheer her up, but she cut him off. Naruto was her best friend and she hated it when he would stick up for her father. "Save it! He doesn't want to spend time with me and I just have to accept it." She snapped.

"(Y/N), your father sent me here to train with you. Are you ready to go?" Kakashi asked. She nodded and quickly blinked some tears away. "Kakashi-sensei..don't train her. Not today, I'm going to take her somewhere, so leave her to me!" Naruto shouted with a grin. Kakashi's eye held confusion, but he agreed. "Alright, only if it's okay with her." Kakashi said and looked at (Y/N).

"Sure, see you later, Kakashi." She waved him goodbye and walked with Naruto to Ichiraku. Her face was emotionless and the thoughts of her and her father's relationship danced around in her head. "Stupid old man." She muttered under her breath. Naruto looked at his best friend with sympathy. "I'm sorry about your dad. I don't have a clue about what you're going through, but I know it must be hard." Naruto said and looked at the ground.

"It's not your fault. One day, I'll be stronger than him and I'll defeat him. I want to be known as (Y/N), instead of Master-Jiraiya's-daughter." (Y/N) said, she's explained her goals a million times before, but Naruto loved the determination in her eyes.

Your P.O.V.
I can always count on Naruto to cheer me up. "(Y/N), can I ask you something?" Naruto asked me while looking at setting sun. "Go for it." I replied. He nervously cleared his throat. "What happened to your mother?" He asked with hesitation. Naruto knew my mother had passed away, but he didn't know the full story.

"Well, she had this illness that she hid from me. My father knew about it, but he did nothing to save her." I whispered with a frown. This was a touchy subject, but I trusted Naruto. "I'm sorry to hear about that." Naruto said and walked closer to me. "Hey, look! There's all of my friends. Want to meet them?" Naruto asked with a smile. I shrugged, "Why not?" I replied and he quickly grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry, they're not so bad once you get to know them. Hey guys! Wait up! There's someone I'd like you to meet!" Naruto shouted to them. I looked at the group to see seven Genin and one Chunin. The Chunin was obviously a Nara member, his hairline gave it away. One girl was from the Hyuga clan and one guy was from the Uchiha. "Hey Naruto, we were all heading to Ichiraku. Want to join?" A boy with a dog on his head asked.