Itachi x Hyuga!Reader

Pain coursed through my body. My head felt like it was ready to explode. The tears fell freely from my eyes. In these moments, I wish for death. I couldn't take it. My screams echoed through the house. My father and elder brother looked down on me. Only Hizashi sent a look of pity to me. Hizashi should've been the heir, but fate was cruel to the both of us. I didn't ask to be the illegitimate child of father. Once the punishment was over, I apologized once more to Hiashi. Hizashi was quick to take my side and escort me back to our home. "I told you to stop lying for me (Y/N), it doesn't do you any good. You're too young to handle the punishments." Hizashi scolded. "I don't like seeing you hurt." I stated and held my big brother's hand. Out of the twins, Hizashi welcomed me the minute father introduced me to them. Hiashi was angry, because I ruined the family. The age difference between us was huge. I was only five years old.

The following year, my brother had Neji. He had the Hyuga eyes. I was the only one that didn't have the same eyes as them. Shortly after, Hinata was born. I enjoyed babysitting the both of them. However, as soon as they got older, Hiashi trained Hinata to become the heiress. She couldn't keep up and learn as quickly as Neji. Hizashi was punished more often. Life was so unfair. Hizashi sacrificed his life for our elder brother's. All I could do was hold Neji close and comfort him whenever he asked about him. If only he could understand.

Itachi's P.O.V.
"You're lost in your thoughts again, is something troubling you?" I asked (Y/N). She immediately shook her head and smiled. "I'm not troubled, just pesky memories of the past flooded my mind." she answered. "Pesky memories, huh? Well, it is going to be the anniversary of your freedom." I reminded her. "And it's all thanks to you" she added. When I first met (Y/N), we had some missions together. Our last mission as Leaf ninjas was dangerous. (Y/N) tried to sacrifice herself for our team, but she survived. Only to inform us that she didn't want to return home. She couldn't take the pain and suffering that was forced upon her for teaching her nephew the Hyuga's distinct fighting style. So we faked her death. Shortly after, I murdered my clan and we found someone that was able to remove the atrocious curse mark from her forehead.

Ever since that day, she became free. She was able to do anything she wanted with her abilities. Her Byakugan was stronger. One thing that made her sad, was the fact that she could never return to the village. She wanted to see her nephew and nieces grow up, but she feared that Hiashi would kill her. "You can't give me all of the credit (Y/N), you were the one that was determined to set yourself free." I stated. She couldn't argue with me. The Byakugan was activated in an attempt to intimidate me. All I did was raise an eyebrow and maintained eye contact. "You're always so smug" she complained. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me.

I didn't know how to be affectionate, but she loves it. I kissed her forehead and embraced her. I didn't fall in love with (Y/N) right away, but over the years, I grew very protective of her. I didn't allow the Akatsuki to take advantage of her abilities. I made it clear that wherever she goes, I go with her. I trusted her more than anyone. "You're thinking too much" she said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled and started caress her face with my thumb. "How powerful do you think we could be if we traded one eye with each another?" she asked. I couldn't help but to laugh at her childish curiosity. She pouted and buried her face into my cloak. "Shut up! It's not that funny." she whined. I ran my fingers through her hair. "You say the most ridiculous things" I commented.