Orochimaru x Reader (AU)

"Orochimaru! Come on, I want to show you something!" five year old (Y/N) said while holding her friend's hand. He smiled softly at the girl's enthusiasm. He followed her and started to think. He realized he was always happy around (Y/N) and there was never a dull moment whenever she was around. Once they sat in the middle of a meadow, they stared at the stars. It was comfortable silence. (Y/N) started to yawn and rub her tired eyes. Orochimaru grabbed the girl and let her lean against his chest.

"You're my best friend Orochi." she mumbled and started to fall asleep. Orochimaru smiled and ran his fingers through her hair. Before she was completely asleep, he got her attention. Her tired eyes looked deeply into his gold snake-like eyes. "(Y/N), I promise I'll always protect you until the day I die. You make me happy. One day, I'm going to marry you." he said. (Y/N) smiled and held out her pinky for him. He pinky promised her and she fell asleep. They were both orphans and Hiruzen took care of them. They didn't like to depend on him, so they took care of each other.

~~~~~~~~Fifteen Years Later~~~~~~

Orochimaru's P.O.V.
"Orochi!" I heard, before I could brace myself, (Y/N) already tackled me with a hug. "I missed you so much!" she exclaimed in a childish matter. I shook my head and smiled. She's always done this every time I return to the village from a mission. "It's only been a week." I chuckled and started to get up. (Y/N) jumped up and started to help me up. "But it felt like a month." she pouted. I couldn't help but to smile. Ever since we were five years old, I've been in love with her. She makes me unbelievably happy.

"Was it easy?" she asked with curiosity swimming in her eyes. I nodded and began to explain every little detail about the mission. She was very interested. She was a Jonin as well, but her missions weren't as exciting. We walked around the village and started to talk about anything and everything. We went to the usual spot in the meadow..where I swore I'd marry her.

(Y/N) stopped talking and watched the sun set behind the trees. The most powerful kunoichi lied on the grass and started to talk about the stars and how one day, she'd be able to touch one. She swirled her finger around in the air and the clouds followed the movement of her finger. She controlled the way they moved. "What do you think about children, Orochi?" (Y/N) asked out of the blue. My thoughts were my worst enemy, I awkwardly looked away and shrugged my shoulders. "I never thought of children. I just, never thought about being a father. Kids, they're kinda cute, I guess." I stated.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her smiling brightly. "I want to have children. I don't know how many, but I want to have a boy first. That way, the next child will have an older brother to look up to." she explained. I had to smile. "What about you Orochimaru?" she asked. I didn't know what to say. "First, I want to get married, but there's only one girl I have my eye on. If we were to have children, I wouldn't mind what gender they are. If she's happy, I'm happy too." I stated, avoiding eye contact with her.

Your P.O.V.
Orochimaru loves someone? Who could it be? He's never told me about her. "Awww, look at you Orochi! You're red! Who is she? I want to know." I said while pinching his cheek. He chuckled and looked away. "I can't tell you." he said with a faint blush. I decided to drop the topic and discuss daily life. "My medical herbs are coming in nice. I think I'll be able to make you ointment in two days." I said, Orochimaru smiled thankfully. I made the clouds go away so the stars can be seen. "Jiraiya proposed to me again. Stupid boy, he's just worried that he'll get old and never marry. I can tell he's still sad about Tsunade and Dan." I giggled.

"That reminds me, (Y/N), why haven't you gotten married yet? You've had many suitors and you turned away every one of them. Why?" Orochimaru asked. My heart started to pound and my cheeks were turning red. "Well, I'm just not interested in the boys our age. They don't talk to me, I don't talk to them. Besides, I have you Orochi." I said innocently. I caught a glimpse of a light shade of pink dusting his pale cheeks. He feels the same.

~~~~~~~~~Two weeks later~~~~~~~~

Orochimaru's P.O.V.
(Y/N) comes home today from her mission. I've been waiting here for almost ten minutes and with each passing second, I was nervous. Suddenly, she walked through the gates and smiled brightly when she spotted me. "You said you wanted to see me right away?" she asked while giving me a hug. I was nervous. "Yes, there's been something I've been needing to show you." I stated with a soft smile. Her eyes sparkled with curiousity. "Now? Can I get ready?" she asked. I couldn't help, but to laugh.

"You want to get ready? You look perfectly fine." I asked. She blushed and quickly looked away. "Well, I thought I looked a bit dirty, but okay." I smiled, because I made her worry about her appearance. She followed closely behind me and we stopped in the middle of the meadow. "What do you want to show me?" she asked while staring at the sunset. "The sunset is beautiful, don't you think so Orochi?" she asked, while she was lost in her thoughts. She looked gorgeous in this lighting.

"(Y/N) (L/N). I love you. Don't call me crazy or foolish, because I mean it. I want to protect you until I die. I made you a promise and I intend to keep it, so..will you marry me?" I asked while holding out a ring I made myself. (Y/N) stared at me with her bright (E/C) eyes that were filled with tears. "Orochi...yes!" she exclaimed while tackling me in a hug. She kissed my lips and put her ring on her finger. "I thought you'd never ask." she stated smugly through tears. We spent that evening, sitting in the meadow and listening to each other's stories about how we didn't notice the signs we gave each other. All I know is that I was happy that she was finally mine.