Chapter Thirty-Seven

The rest of the week post-fight was different than the week before, but that Thursday, on Valentine's Day, Regina had surprised Emma by sending Henry off to stay at Kathryn's for the night. She cooked Emma dinner and they drank a little bit of wine in the study before spending hours in bed making love, neither of them holding back. It had been the first time since Emma and Henry had moved in with Regina that they had the house to themselves and they had most definitely taken full advantage of that.

Friday morning, Granny arrived just after eleven and Emma took her lunch hour to make sure she got settled in. Overall, aside from the incident with Mendell on Monday, the week had been incident free at work, much to Regina's obvious relief. Late in the afternoon, Graham allowed Emma to leave shortly after three and after saying goodbye to Granny and Henry, she and Regina, in her Bug, drove around to Kathryn's place to pick her up.

"You know, it's only two days," Emma chuckled as she helped Kathryn with her suitcases. Two of them. "You pack your whole closet or something?"

"That is hardly her whole closet dear," Regina smirked as she slipped out of the passenger seat to allow Kathryn to climb into the back seat.

"Hey, Emma," Kathryn said once they are were all in the Bug. "How are you?"

"Good," Emma said, turning to smile back at her. "Ruby is really looking forward to seeing you this weekend."

"I as well."

"I've booked reservations for tomorrow night, a table for four," Regina said as Emma put the car into drive and pulled away from the curb. "I hope that is all right, Kathryn."

"It's fine, Regina."

"I wasn't sure what you and Ruby had planned for this weekend."

"Honestly, I believe we're both far too nervous about this weekend to have made any sort of plans," Kathryn replied with a soft chuckle. "We've booked a room at the Onyx. Despite our past visits, we've never actually shared a bed together. This'll be the first."

Emma and Regina only shared a quick look before Emma had her eyes back on the road, her thoughts that of her phone conversation with Ruby the night before. Ruby had told Emma she wanted more with Kathryn yet was unsure on how to go about it. Despite how awkward it was to have that conversation, Emma simply told her just to go with the flow, to kiss Kathryn and let the rest just happen naturally. There was no other way to explain things, yet when Ruby started asking about more personal things, Emma had told her just to order some lesbian porn on the TV to see for herself.

Yeah, it had been beyond awkward after that when she continued asking Emma things that Emma did not want to voice to her best friend. Ever. There were just some things that were far beyond what she was comfortable with, some of those things about how pussy tasted, what did it feel like to lick over one, and so on. That was a conversation that Regina had overheard, at least the parts where Emma kept telling Ruby to stop asking so many questions, red faced and flustered. As it turned out in the end, Kathryn had been asking Regina very similar questions that she had soon found out after that phone conversation.

The last thing she wanted to do was think about her best friend having sex with another woman for the first time, the other woman in question her fiancée's best friend as well.

Why she and Regina thought this weekend would be a good idea was beyond her now, but she hadn't seen Ruby in two weeks and she knew that the whole weekend wouldn't just be her and Regina, she'd be spending time with Ruby as well. Henry had been upset when he found out that she was going to see Ruby this weekend and he had to stay behind with Granny, but Emma knew he'd get over it in no time.