Underestimated

Kaya's P.O.V

Once Octavia yelled that out, everyone ran out. Some one shoved me into someone and that person caught me. I held onto them and watched everyone run out.

"You okay there?" I heard. I looked up and saw Bellamy. I nodded and walked away from him. Everyone was cheering and I went with Clarke. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I saw she had a map and we walked away from everyone. I looked at the map and then at the mountain.

"We landed at the wrong place," I signed her.

"I know. This is bad," She told me.

"Why so serious, princess and mute? It's not like we died in a fiery explosion," Finn said to us.

"Don't call me mute," I signed to him.

"Try telling that to the two guys who tried to follow you out of their seats. And don't call her a mute," Clarke said.

"You don't like being called princess, do you princess?" Finn asked Clarke. I looked at the map and then at him.

"Do you see that peak over there?" She asked him.

"Yeah."

"Mount Weather. There's a radiation-soaked forest between us and our next meal. They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain," Clarke said.

"Kaya. Can you speak? Since we're down here? It's for your sake," Clarke asked. I was a selective mute and I refused to speak since my big mouth always got me in trouble.

"No. I'm afraid I might get someone killed," I signed to her.

"Kaya, you'll get killed if you don't speak," She told me. I sighed and looked down.

"We got problems. The communications system is dead. I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires," Wells told us.

"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. See? Look," Clarke said showing Wells the map. I sat on the railing and looked down at them. She showed us the plan and I looked around.

"Ah, cool. A map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer," A boy with glasses said to Clarke and I.

"You mind?" Wells asked pushing him away. I snapped my fingers and they looked at me.

"Cut it out Wells. We can handle this," I signed to him.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us," A boy said with a group of other boys.

"Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are," Wells said.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Bellamy asked us. I jumped down and crossed my arms.

"We need to find Mount Weather," Wells said walking towards him. I rolled my eyes and Clarke and I followed him.

"You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority," Wells said.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you, your little princess and the mute," Octavia said.

"Stop calling me a mute," I signed to her.

"What the hell did she say?" Octavia asked offended.

"Relax, she's just saying to stop calling her a mute. But do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather not because the chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20 mile trek, ok? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now," Clarke said.