The Virus

Kaya's P.O.V

I walked around with Clarke and saw the remains of the ship. There was some bones and body parts around and I stood closer to Clarke.

"Clarke and Kaya shouldn't be out here," I heard Finn say. I looked up and walked away.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when," I heard Bellamy say. I looked around some more until I saw something leaking. I leaned a bit closer to the liquid. The horrid smell was awful.

"Kaya, stop!" I heard Raven yell. I looked and took a step back.

"Rocket fuel?" I asked as she came up to me.

"Hydrazine... Highly unstable in its non solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist," Raven told me. Clarke stood next to me and Raven dipped a rock in it.

"Fire in the hole!" She yelled as she threw it to the fire. It made a big explosion making me take a step back.

"We need to clear the area," Raven said.

"We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark," Bellamy yelled. Clarke and I walked away and I looked down the whole time.

"My dad is never going to hear me talk again," I said in realization.

"I'm sorry Kaya," Clarke said to me. She gave me a side hug and we kept walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we made it back to camp, some people ran up to us.

"Murphy's back," Monty told us.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"They took him to the dropship," Monty told us. We walked in and Bellamy was ahead of us.

"Where is he?" Bellamy asked. They moved out of the way and I saw Murphy bloodied up.

"Everyone but Connor and Derek out... Now!" Bellamy yelled. They all left and I stayed behind.

"He claims he was with the grounders," Derek told us.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp," Connor said.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the grounders," Murphy said weakly.

"Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy asked. Connor shook his head and Bellamy nodded.

"Well, in that case-" Bellamy raise his gun but Finn stopped him.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?" Finn asked.

"We were clear what would happen if he came back," Bellamy said aiming his gun again.

"No. If he was with the grounders, then he knows things that can help us," Finn argued. Finn was in front of the gun and I looked at Murphy.

"Help us? We hanged him. We banish him, and now we're gonna kill him. Get the hell out of my way," Bellamy said.

"No. Finn is right," Clarke said as she walked over to Murphy. I got closer to Murphy and examined him. I touched some of the blood and felt it a little. It was fresh. I got up and took a couple steps back.

"Like hell, he is. Clarke, think about Charlotte," Bellamy said.

"I am thinking about her, but what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as his," Clarke said. Bellamy looked at me and I sighed.

"Clarke, he did held a knife to my neck remember?" I asked.

"Who's side are you on?" Clarke asked.