Dead Man Walking

Kaya's P.O.V

"Just you, Bellamy, unarmed! Ten seconds, or I'll put one in Jasper's leg and one in Kaya's!" Murphy threatened. 

"One... Two... Three... Four... Five..." 

"I'm here," Bellamy said stopping Jasper's counting. I saw Bellamy walk in and Murphy pushing Jasper out. The door closed and Bellamy looked at me. Murphy held the gun and shot down near Bellamy's feet. 

"That's good. Then do what I said," Murphy said. 

"Bellamy?" Octavia said over the radio.

"Bellamy? Are you and Kaya okay?" Octavia asked us.

"You want her to know you and your little mute are alive? Start tying," Murphy said, pointing at the ropes. 

"Bellamy! Do you copy?" Octavia said.

"We're fine. Just a misfire," Bellamy said as he started to tie up the ropes.

"Now stop worrying about us and get back to work, all of you... and tell Raven to hurry her ass up," Bellamy said.

"All right, that's long enough. Tie those two ends together," Murphy said. 

"All right. Now get up and toss it over," Murphy said. Bellamy glanced at me. I shook my head at him before he tossed the rope over anyway.

"What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm-" Murphy turned the gun towards my head now. The cold metal was pressed onto the temple of my head. I stiffened as he was very serious.

"I'm sorry. Just don't hurt her," Bellamy said. 

"You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... then I want you to die," Murphy said. I couldn't turn my head now. I was scared now. Not just because I had a gun pressed against me but because Bellamy was going to die. Bellamy moved a stool over to the noose. 

"Stand on it," Murphy ordered.

"Put it over your head."

"This is insane. The grounders could-" Murphy shot nearby me making me jump in surprise.

"The next one goes into her head," Murphy threatened. He grabbed the ropes to the noose.

"Put it over your head," Bellamy was looking at me as he did as he was threatened.

"Happy now?" Bellamy asked. Murphy tightened the rope onto Bellamy's neck.

"You're so brave, aren't you? I mean, you came in here thinking you're just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, and maybe one of your friends would come and help you. Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hmm?" Murphy asked. He tightened the rope more, choking Bellamy more. Bellamy's eyes were still looking at me.

"Oh I see. It's your little mute. Now, how did this happen? Just when you both first met, you both didn't seem to like each other. Then when I come back, you two seem like you care for each other. So tell me, mute, if Bellamy dies, will you join him out of sadness?" Murphy asked me. All I could do right now was glare at Murphy.

"You know, I got to hand it to you Bellamy. You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, well, we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me. Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted, right?" Murphy asked Bellamy.

"I should have stopped them," Bellamy said.

"Yeah, it's a little late for that now," Murphy said.