chapter 15

Dennis awoke and looked around too see Winnie at the stove in a bathrobe, he walked forward and gave her a hug nestling into her neck, she put a hand on his head. "Hey baby." She said sweetly. Dennis looked down. "Aw, you aren't making me deviled eggs are you?" Dennis guessed. Winnie giggled. "Maybe." She said. He kissed her cheek. "I love you." Dennis said happily. "So i was thinking... We should prepare for the wedding." Dennis added. "So was i." Winnie said bringing some of the eggs onto their plates. "I wondered whether we go big, or small." Dennis asked. "I always liked the idea of just running away to get married... simple life afterwards." Winnie said sighing in her daydream. "You always imagined doing that with me specifically?" Dennis said winking. And Winnie replied in the same tone. "Maybe." She smiled. "What about you?" She questioned. "Just don't invite the goblin lady." Dennis kidded. Winnie rolled her eyes. "I meant big or small?" Winnie asked. Dennis pondered the question. "I want to also get it out of the way... Just you and me, and after... Just my family... forever." He said. "I don't want to stall..." He added. Winnie and him finished their eggs and got up. They walked at a fast pace almost jogging going from Mavis and Johnny who gave their blessings, to Wayne and Wanda, who also gave their blessing, to a weeping Dracula who congratulated their choice. "I will go get showered and dressed... Meet me underneath the treehouse, i'll bring the reverend." Dennis said smiling. Winnie nodded. Dennis left and got into the shower, he began to feel the anticipation as the hot water washed the dirt off his skin. Dennis got dressed and felt the excitement, after that he came down in a tux. "Hey congrats bud!" Frank said coming by and patting his shoulder. Murray gave a thumbs up to him on his way out. Then the invisible man Griffin came forward. "Dennis can i pleeeease ask a big favor." Griffin said pleadingly. "You can't come to the wedding, sorry." Dennis said trying to find a reverend. "Wait! What... If i officiate?" Griffin said showing him a license. 

"Griffin-Invisible man, licensed officiant of monster marriages."

"Hmmmm." Dennis said considering the choice. "Best if i have someone who specifically does a monster marriage." Griffin began nodding at the comment. "*Sigh* Fine, come with me." Dennis said leading him too the forest. "Aw! This is AMAZING!" Griffin said excitedly seeing the treehouse. "This was where i realized she was my zing." Dennis said nostalgically. "She should be here soon... likely getting dressed and prepared. Dennis and Griffin waited for the next hour. "She'll be here, any second i bet." They waited another two hours. "The sunrise... She'd love being her for that." Dennis said gulping a bit. "Of course she'll be here Dennis... She bore your children." Griffin reminded him. Dennis nodded. Another three hours. "I can't believe it." Dennis said cowering under a tree as the sun leaked between leaves. "Here sunscreen... Dennis, I think..." Griffin began. "I know." Dennis said dropping a tear. Winnie had stood him up at their marriage.

Well guys? What do you think, i know this is SUPER sad, but it's all gonna make sense! I PROMISE! Give me your opinion, comment, favorite, put in library, all that stuff, love ya guys!