chapter 4

Dennis approached her side and felt her pulse... There was none. "Winnie?" Dennis said as Winnie sat up. "Zing-zing? What happened?" Winnie said beginning to shiver from lack of fur. "You got bit by Bela." Dennis said. "You're a vampire now." Winnie looked at her hands which were hairless and then felt her normal teeth... Except for her fangs. "I'm a vampire... Just like you zing!" She said smiling. Dennis tried to smile, but was sad he was only half vampire. "Mama... Can you make me a full vampire like you?" He asked. "I could but i won't." Mavis said. "Papa drac can you make me a vampire?" Dennis said. "I would like too, but your mother would burn me alive like your grandmother." Dracula said. "Please mom!" Dennis asked. Mavis looked at him. "Why Isn't dad a vampire? Don't you want eternity with him?" Dennis asked. "I... I do." Mavis said. "Then make him and me a vampire!" Dennis said. "I...I... No, i won't make you a vampire, end of story." Mavis said. Dennis looked back at Winnie. "Fine!" Dennis said stamping his foot in the ground. "Winnie will make me one... Right Winnie?" Dennis asked. Winnie who was still trying to comprehend what happened look at Dennis. "... Yes my Zing." Winnie said walking forward and pressing her lips to Dennis's neck. "NO!" Mavis said slapping her away. "Dennis you're only 5! you can't make this decision!" Dennis looked indignantly at her mother. "You all make my choices for me." Dennis said. "I hate you." He walked outside to wait in the car. "Winnie, go comfort him, but please don't do that too him, he's just a kid." Mavis begged her. Winnie looked down at her bare feet. "Okay Mavis." Winnie said walking to the car. "Mavis." Dracula said putting a hand on my shoulder. "No dad... End of discussion." "He zinged with her." Dracula said squeezing her shoulder firmly. "Just as me and your mom... Just as you and Johnny, will you hold contempt at the thought just as i did against your husband?" He said calmly. Mavis thought about the risk and fears Dracula went through, and what Johnny did for even her father... And what Winnie was willing to do for Dennis, and for her in saying no to Dennis. "Okay." She said. She walked back to the car to find Dennis crying and hold Winnie close. "I wanna spend an afterlife with you Zing. I love you." Dennis said. "I love you too Zing, and don't worry... We'll find a way." She said holding his hand and kissing his cheek. Mavis felt heartbroken. Mavis knocked on the window. "can you make some room Winnie?" Mavis asked. Winnie moved in so she could sit in the middle. "Dennis i did some thinking... I realized i have no reason to say no to your choice." Mavis said patting his head. "I won't change you... But Winnie has my permission too if this is what you want... Is it Dennis?" Mavis asked. Dennis nodded. "Okay i'll leave you alone to... To do it." She said exiting the car. Winnie looked at Dennis, and he looked back. "Winnie." Dennis began. "I'm ready." Winnie nodded before sinking her fangs into his neck. Dennis excepted the stinging feeling as his blood was drained... Since he was half vampire already the transformation was less complicated then Winnie's the only change was the skin pigment going from pink to pale white.