Chapter 8

After 2 hours of restlessly roaming around the mall, we finally decided to part ways and walk home. However, Adrien thought it would be ungentlemanly to let a girl like me wander around the street on her own at night so he decided to drop me off.

"You know you're actually fun to talk to. I never thought I'd have such a great time. Especially in your presence."

I rolled my eyes.

"The main reason you had fun was because of my presence."

"Fair point," he said which caught me off guard.

"I really was not expecting you to agree."

He shrugged.

"But it's true."

"Who would've thought. You hated me when I first found out about.. your mother."

His whole expression changed after I mentioned that.

"Can we please not talk about that?"

"What?"

"When I told you not to tell anyone about this I also meant not bringing the subject up in front of me," he spat.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I didn't even ask you about it. I was talking about how you hated me and that involuntarily came out!"

"Whatever," I said before speeding up towards my house which I failed to realize we reached until now.

"Have a safe walk," I remarked monotonously before walking inside and locking the doors.

I never intended on bringing up this topic. I don't know why he got offended, but at the same time the guilt is eating me up.  It's a sensitive subject for him and I inconsiderately brought it up when he already warned me about it.

"What do I do now? He must really hate me at this point.."