Chapter 5 - Bad Hangover

***Next Day
***Bea's POV

The sun shone through my curtains and woke me up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and rolled over, plucking the soundless earbuds from my ears.

I got out of bed and saw it. I was relieved to see proof that my emotions and tears from the night before were more than just a crushed heart by a boy.

I changed my sheets, dabbing out the small red stain then I took a shower.

The steam and hot water seemed to wake my skin and brain, somewhat revitalizing me.

As the water trickled down my back, I lectured myself to not be distracted anymore.

I had concrete plans to graduate and attend Yale to secure a foundation for a stable career in finance. I was good at Math and a career in that field was practical and safe.

Distractions were out of the question.

And Harry was distractingly...something.

I dried off and changed into my comfy sweats. I toweled my hair dry as I walked into my bedroom and I checked my phone. There was a text from Elena.

"Bea! How did your date go?!"

I sighed heavily. Elena practically warned me that it would happen.

"Hey, E. Um, it didn't. I guess something came up."

"Yeah, right. Grrrr I'm glad I'm not there. I would kick his butt...& spank it, maybe. Hehe."

I rolled my eyes, replying with just a smiley face emoji. I didn't want to talk about it nor admit that she was right.

My stomach growled so I walked down to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Good morning, Beatrice," my mom looked up from the griddle.

"Morning, Mom," I sat at the breakfast bar. "It smells good."

My favorite part of Saturday mornings were my mom's homemade wholegrain blueberry pancakes. Much to my delight, she made them.

She probably did it to cheer me up as well. But I didn't care if they were pity pancakes. I was starving.

"Do pancakes sound good?" she flipped a perfectly golden brown pancake.

She was probably trying to gauge how I was feeling.

"Yep yep!" I cheesed my fake smile again.

"Beatrice, are you doing okay?" she set the spatula on the counter.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm just glad I don't have to see him until Monday."

"Maybe he'll explain it to you then," she smiled, handing me a plate with two pancakes.

"Maybe," I shrugged my shoulders.

I didn't want to think about it. There were pancakes in front of my face.

I drizzled on some syrup and my mouth practically watered at the sugary, gooey sight.***

***Same Day/Same Time
***Harry's POV

An object kicked my foot, bringing me out of my liquor-induced sleep. A glass bottle slipped out of my hand onto the hardwood floor. It knocked into the others, startling me even more awake.

I opened my eyes only to shut them from the blinding sun.

My foot was knocked again.

"Harry, get up!"

The voice rang loudly in my ears and I couldn't tell whose it was. I shielded my eyes from the sun with my hand and Mackenzie came into focus.

"Harry, you have to get up," she picked up the beer bottles from the coffee table. "My dad will be home soon."