Chapter 17 - Ferris Wheel

A/N: Mild sexual content below. :)

***Next Day
***Harry's POV

Friday was a good day. I decided to forget about my upcoming procedure and focus on the date I had planned for that night.

I knew I worried Bea with how I acted the day before, but she let me know in more ways than one that she was there for me.

She was my rock.
And she didn't even know it.

The final bell rang and we walked to our cars.

"Harry, why won't you tell me where you're taking me tonight?"

"Now what would be the fun in that?"

She bumped into my shoulder.

And knots.

"Well, I need to know how to dress."

"Bea," I stopped our stride and took her hands, holding them to my chest. "Wear whatever makes you feel, special."

Bea smiled and bit her bottom lip.

God. The things you do to me.

"Okay fine. So, where are we going again?"

"You think you're so tricky," I playfully tapped her nose. "I'm not telling. You can guess if you want to."

She made a cute little hum sound and we continued to our cars.

"The mall? I've always wanted to walk around the mall holding hands with a boy."

Very subtle, Bea. I got your hint.

"Not today. You can keep guessing if you want, but I have to go home and change. I have a date with my girlfriend tonight. She's smart, beautiful, funny and can beat me at mini-golf."

"Oh, your girlfriend sounds lovely."

"She is," I winked at her.

Her cheeks blushed a light pink and she glanced at her feet.

Knots.
And I cleared my throat.

"I'll pick you up at seven."***

While getting dressed, I decided to drive her mad, in a good way, of course.

"Have you guessed yet?"

I smirked. Bea was a planner and wanted to know what would happen so she could count on it. I only hoped she would count on me.

The weather for our date couldn't have been more perfect. It was in the low seventies and just cold enough for me to lend my coat to Bea later.

"The movies?"

"Nope. Already watched a movie."

That would get her again.

I worked on my hair about three times longer than usual, changed my shirt twice and attempted to tie my tie about six bloody times, unsuccessfully.

Bea made me nervous.
In a good way.

"The circus? Idk?! Just tell me, Harry."

I laughed out loud then typed my last reply.

"Really?! The circus? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I took you to the circus for our first date as a couple? And I won't tell you. Your time has run out...I'm omw."