Chapter 18 - Somebody

A/N: Mild Sexual Content Below! (Finally!)

***One Week Later
***Harry's POV

A whole week had gone by since our first kiss. And every morning I woke up and reminded myself how lucky I was.

Bea was everything I hoped to find in a girl and she was everything good that I was not.

School was torture, though. Every day I saw the face of the girl who I was in love with and another that looked like he wanted to kill me.

Victor had a new piece of information against me. He used every possible opportunity in class and around campus to taunt me.

I enjoyed every minute I spent with Bea, yet every second that ticked was another reminder.

I had to tell her about the bet before it got out. I also had to tell her about my heart condition.

It was fucking maddening.

Before I left to go over to Bea's, I had to take a few minutes to wait for my heart to steady. I took a beta pill and lied down on my bed, waiting.

I could never tell when my heart would decide to act up, which made not telling Bea right away that much harder.

Finally feeling my heart slow down to its normal rhythm, I left.***

I rang the doorbell and was greeted by my beautiful girlfriend. She opened the screen door and hugged me without even saying anything first.

My head dropped to her shoulder and my arms held her tight, not wanting to let her go. I felt an equal embrace when her hands clasped together behind my back.

I managed to pry myself from her.

"Hi, Bea."

"Hello, Harry."

I kissed her. I kissed the only girl who I had ever fallen in love with.

Our kiss fell apart naturally and I stood back up, watching Bea slowly open her eyes into a smile.

I like kissing you, too, Bea.

"Are we going to stay out here all day?" I smirked.

She giggled a "no," stepping backwards to let me inside.

"Would you like something to drink, Harry?" Bea shut the door and pecked my cheek.

"Sure, water sounds good."

"Okay. Make yourself at home."

"It's awfully quiet," I looked around the empty house.

"Yeah, my parents are at my dad's work, conference, thing for the weekend."

She walked back in and before I could even joke about it...

"And don't get any ideas, Styles."

"Me? Ideas? I would never."

"You're so cute when you're mischievous, Harry," Bea hummed with a smile and she pecked my lips.

"You're always cute," I traced her bangs from her beautiful blue eyes.

"So, that means I'm always mischievous."

"Oops," I grinned. "I tried to make that work. It didn't, did it?"

"No, but I liked it," she smiled. "So, are you hungry?"

"All the time!" I theatrically reared my head back.

"Okay, goofball," she patted my chest. "I'll fix us something."