Chapter 36

I walked out into the noisy airport, my luggage rolling behind me. The sounds of the wheels hitting ground being outdone by all the conversations around me.

It was busy and hard to get around people to find my ride. Groaning at my small height, I stood on one of the chairs and looked around the room. Sighing after being unsuccessful.

Before I sat down, I felt arms come behind me and pick me up. I jumped and turned around to see Derek. He put me down on the ground.

A smile appeared on my face as I hugged him tight. I let go soon after, as Derek said that 'if we wanted to get home before 7, we should leave now.'

We walked out of the airport hand and hand while I had my backpack on and my luggage wheeling behind me again. Derek put my things in the backseat of his truck and opened the door for me.

"Thank you sir."

"You're quite welcome ma'am." I giggled as I got in and he shut the door, running to the other side and getting into the driver side himself. I put my seatbelt on and texted the boys, letting them know that I am home.

As I put my phone away, the radio was turned on and I smiled at the song currently playing.

I turned the radio up and tapped my fingers to the beat of 'She's Kinda Hot' by 5 Seconds of Summer.

Soon after, stopping as my phone started ringing. I turned the music down again and looked at the Caller ID.

'Zooey'

I smiled and answered it.

"Hello?"

Zooey's voice blasted through the phone. I looked at Derek.

He mouthed 'speaker' to me. So that's what I did.

"Zooey you are now on speaker, so I hope you won't blast out my ear drums."

I heard laughter from the other line.

"Are you home yet Laci?"

I looked at Derek.

"Almost, be there in like 10 minutes." He said.

"YAY! We have so much to talk about Laci! Don't worry though, we will be able to talk to each other a lot as I planned later today for us to get our school supplies."

"Okay." I said in between laughs.

"I will be at the house at 2 PM for the both of you."

"Who is all coming Zooey?"

"Uhm, you, Derek, Sparrow, Brett can't ba aye he is working but we will see him there, Emily wants to come, and that's it? I'm pretty sure it is."

"Oh wow a party, well I'll see you later Zooey. We just got to the house and I need to unpack and get ready for later."

"Alright, I'll see you two later. Bye."

"Bye." I said and hung up the phone.

"She's a riot isn't she."