Ch 6: Figuring things out

Lucy POV

I was shocked at his words. Did he just say what I think he said? Wait Lucy, don't be blind, he's just toying with you. This is how he gets girls. Don't fall for his tricks, later he'll just trade you.

"N-natsu I'm sorry...but...I don't feel the same way"

I'm not gonna lie it hurt me to say that, but I was trying to protect myself. I didn't want to get hurt.

He didn't say anything, we sat there in silence, avoiding eye contact with each other. This is for your own good, Lucy.

"Oh..." He finally said, "I guess I'll just go then" I could hear the sorrow in his voice.

"Yah..."

He opened the window and sat on the frame preparing to jump. He stopped and turned to look at me, I still couldn't muster the courage to look him in the eye.

"This doesn't mean I've given up Luce" and with that he hopped out. I felt my heart flutter when he said my name. Stop it.

I sighed and changed out of my uniform. For the rest of the day I just layed in bed, thinking. Until, I finally fell asleep.

Natsu POV

When I got home, I went straight to my room. I locked my door shut and sat on my bed.

"Lucy..." I mumbled. She was the only thought I was having. She was the only thing I could think about. I'm not giving up on her. She's mine. Her words stung, but I'm determined to keep trying.

I watched a single tear fall to the ground. I didn't notice I was crying. I wiped my face and closed my eyes. I'm not giving up.

Lucy POV

When I woke up it was early in the morning. Since it was so early, I took my time getting ready. I had a dream last night, about Natsu. We were on a date, I remember being so happy, gazing into those onyx eyes of his. Then, Lisanna showed up. He left with her. I had been used. This is stupid, get this out of your head Lucy.

I skipped breakfast and headed to the bus stop. It was somewhat far from my house but I could manage. I looked down at the floor. Suddenly I heard a honk from behind.

"Hey Luce!" I turned and saw Natsu in his car grinning at me. "Get in!" I kept walking, ignoring him. It didn't make him go away though he just kept calling my name, honking and following me in his car. I finally turned around to face him, an annoyed look on my face.

"If I get in will you stop bothering me!?"

"Maybe" he smirked.

I got in his car staying and stayed far away from him as possible.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I don't know, maybe I am" I answered sarcastically.

"Why?"

I stayed quiet. Why am I mad at him? Am I really mad at him? I didn't really know. Cause technically he didn't really do anything wrong.

"I...I don't know..."

"What did I do?"

"I don't know..."

"Then how can you be mad at me!?"

"I don't know"

He sighed and pulled over, we still weren't at school so I was confused. He turned his body to face me, slightly leaning his body closer to mine. I looked at him, my body tensed up, I was frozen.

"Then what's this about?"

I thought about it for a while. I took a deep breath before giving him his answer.

"N-Natsu...am I just a toy...like...Lisanna...?"

His eyes widened at my question, a look of shock spread over his face.

"Lucy...how on Earth could you compare yourself to Lisanna!? You're not like her, you're Lucy. You're different. I feel differently about you. I never loved Lisanna, I never really loved another girl like I love you. You're special to me Lucy, cause I love you. I can't afford to lose you. That's why I'm not giving up on you, cause I love you.

I felt tears fall down my cheeks. What have I been doing? I knew he wasn't lying, I could just hear it in his voice. What am I doing to myself? I've been letting my mind guide me instead of my heart, resulting in hurting myself.

"N-Natsu" I sobbed

His hand brushed my bangs aside and wiped my tears away.

"Lucy..."

He closed the space between us. His lips pressed against mine. Our lips meshed together, moving in sync. My face was still socked in tears. I could feel the emotion in his kiss. It was...undescribable. I wanted to stay like that forever. We didn't need to talk, this kiss said it for me. I love you too.

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't update sooner! Life happened, you know what I mean? I hope you like this chapter! I'll update soon! Love you all, my lovely fuckers!❤❤❤