Ch 20: Apologies

Natsu POV

I felt like grade A shit right now. After the whole situation with Lucy, I drove back to the park. It was darker outside now. The stars shining in the dark sky. Lucy was the only star I wanted to be with right now.

What am I going to do next? I have no idea. Maybe it's just not meant to happen. Maybe I should just, let her go.

"Hey Natsu" a voice came from behind. My expression turned sour. "I was looking for you everywhere, where were you? You missed the sunset." That fake innocence in her voice pissed me off. Strangled yells tempted to erupt from my throat but I held it in. "Natsu?" She put her hand on my shoulder.

"I went to see Lucy" I answered in the most calm voice that I could muster right now.

"What? But how did you- why?" Her voice filled with shock.

"Your drug wore off, I don't know how, but it did" she stayed quiet. After I didn't get answer I decide to break the silence.

"What right do you have to mess with peoples lives Lisanna? Can't you see how miserable I am" I faced her my voice wavering and cracking, I tried my best to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She stood still looking at me with worried eyes. "Can't you see what you've done?"

"Natsu..." She walked closer to me gesturing a hug but smacked her hands away.

"No Lisanna! You know what your problem is!? You're to worried about yourself! You only care about yourself! You don't even bother to see how your selfish actions affect other people!" I wiped away the years in frustration, I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to be with Lucy so bad, and Lisanna ruined it. Why couldn't she just leave us alone. Why couldn't I have just avoided her from the start. It would've saved me the trouble. Now I'm standing here with endless rivers of tears escaping my eyes and a broken heart. I never knew it hurt this much and to think I used to pass these out like Halloween candy. "I don't understand how a person could be so horrible..." I didn't know if I was talking about myself or Lisanna.

"I just wanted to be happy...with you..." She sniffled. I felt bad for yelling at her, but right now its all I wanted to do.

"Well I'm not happy with you Lisanna! You took away something that was precious to me!"

"What's so great about her?... Why can't you just love me instead?..." Her voice was faint but I heard it.

"Lisanna, it doesn't work that way."

"But I love you, Natsu. What if I never find anyone else to love?...Then I'll be alone... forever..." She broke out into sobs and covered her face with her hands. She looked so helpless and vulnerable, I don't think I've ever seen her this way. Her knees looked like they would give up at any moment. I walked closer to her and wrapped my arms around her, supporting her so she won't fall. Maybe she's not such a bad person, she just let her fear and her jealousy control. Fear and jealousy that we all have.

"I'm sorry" I softly smiled on resting as I whispered into her ear. "But you don't have to worry Lisanna, you'll find someone special someday. There's someone out there for everyone, so don't cry ok?"

"Ok..." I know she still wanted to cry but she just rubbed her tears away and smiled. I really admired that. She was strong, but then again I guess that's a flaw too. "Sorry..." Her muffled voice managed to say from my chest.

"I'm not the only person you owe an apology to you know" she backed away from me, her eyes now red and puffy as she built up the courage to speak.

"Can you please drive me to Lucy's house"

I smiled at her. "Sure"

What is Lisanna gonna do?
Is she really all that bad?
What will Lucy's reaction be?
Find out on the next chapter of Just a Game!
Welp. There it is. You're welcome. Sorry I took so long to update. I might or might have not have cried. No one will ever know. You guys have no idea how painful it was to look up Natsu hugging Lisanna (it was supposed yo be for the cover picture) and then a bunch of nali shows up I got fucking GOOSEBUMPS! GOOSEBUMPS! But I did it for you guys I was even pep talking myself as I was looking at them. See you soon Kawai Potatoes! <3