Quality Plots

Do you know what pisses me off more than anything about Wattpad?

It has THE BEST interface, while having THE WORST stories.

Do you know how fucking shit it feels to come back from reading a Downton Abbey fanfic on fanfiction.net or a Game of Thrones fanfic on A03, to a mediocre collection of bullshit written on Wattpad? The truth is, I don't even use Wattpad anymore except for publishing my own stories and reading the sequel to 'Modification', the 'Dawn of Darkness', by @EmilyTheHorcrux - well, when she updates it once in a blue moon (just like me 😂).

Wattpad's books generally are just so bad. I have read the few good fanfics from my fandoms, and find myself bored to death with being recommended the overused werewolf identical plots that make me cringe. Like honestly. Do you know how bored to death I am?

 Do you know how bored to death I am?

P.S If you know any AMAZING - and by amazing I mean truly amazing - fanfics in the Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and any original books (NOT romance based - with an actual plot), please let me know.

I think people don't understand what 'plot' means to a book. I'm sick of seeing a well-written romance with no plot to it - it ruins the book. I'm sick of seeing amazing works not getting the exposure they deserve because they are on smaller sites such as ff.net and A03 (particularly).

These are amazing pieces of literature... that are stuck on old website layouts that limit their success. But, why would you want to put your writing on Wattpad, when all putting your work on Wattpad seems to do is somewhat 'degrade' the appearing quality of your book?

 But, why would you want to put your writing on Wattpad, when all putting your work on Wattpad seems to do is somewhat 'degrade' the appearing quality of your book?

Honestly - I've talked about stereotypes and overused plots before, but it seems most of the time on Wattpad even the original plots lack any depth and interest.

I don't mean to generalise, but it has just become too hard to find anything at all interesting left on Wattpad from what I've read.

I'll leave it there for today.