-1-

After hearing about the news from her manager, Taeyeon marched towards the CEO's office, which is on the highest level of the building. She was looking down at her phone while she waited for the elevator to stop at level 3. She felt another presence beside her, but didn't bother to look up to see who that person is.

That person kept quiet beside her and the two of them stood in silence until the elevator arrived. When it arrived, Taeyeon stepped into the elevator and pressed level 9. Since she is the closest to the buttons, she turned to the person beside her to ask which level he is going.

"Oh."she was stunned to see Byun Baekhyun beside her. "Sunbaenim."she bowed at him.

Baekhyun just nodded in response and said, "Level 9."

Taeyeon stood at the side awkwardly. Should she start a conversation with him? He is after all, the one who got caught in the scandal with her. They should talk about it privately no matter what.

"So you are Kim Taeyeon?"he asked, without sparing her a single glance.

"Ne, sunbaenim."she nodded politely. "About the scandal..."she said cautiously as she take a quick look at him.

"Have your manager explained to you about the company's plan?"

"What? Oh, yeah. He did."

"Then just stick with that plan."he said.

"But that is lying. It means lying to everyone and the fans."Taeyeon said.

"This industry is no longer about music anymore. It is business and how to sell the groups."he said, straight-up like a professional businessman.

"You are a musician yourself. Have you thought about the consequences after this lie is exposed? About how the fans will get hurt for lying to them?"she asked.

"The company will settle everything. The only thing we have to do is pretend that we know each other."he said. "I hope that you know my full name."he said as he glanced at her.

"Of course I know."she grinned widely at him. "Byun Baekhyun sunbaenim."

"You should not call me sunbaenim when people are around. Cause I think our managers and the CEO are planning to keep this lie to themselves and not let any outsiders know this."Baekhyun said sternly. "You can't let anyone know about this, including your family."he added, casting a sideway glance at her.

"But-"

"We are here."he cut her off and stepped out of the elevator, Without looking back at her, he marched towards the CEO's office. "Just follow my lead."he muttered. Taeyeon followed after him obediently.

So far their short conversation gave Taeyeon that kind of cold vibe. The way Baekhyun talks sounded very cold to her. The way he handle conversation makes it seems like a business deal, completely emotionless.

Baekhyun knocked on the door and let himself in. He held the door for her and Taeyeon followed closely behind him, feeling scared to meet the CEO.

"Have your managers briefed you on the plan?"the CEO asked the moment he saw the two idols. Taeyeon faked a cough, the CEO and Byun Baekhyun are completely the same person, the way they start a conversation is 100% alike.

"Ne."Baekhyun nodded and glanced at Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded quickly after him.

"We have just released a statement about the two of you dating. There are a few things you have to know, just in case the media interview you two about it."the CEO said. "You two have been dating for four months, and got close to each other because you two are from the same company. The story is, Byun Baekhyun was your vocal couch before you debuted and like that you two became close."the CEO explained and looked at Taeyeon.