-16-

"I normally don't do these kind of....how to say this? Mushy mushy things?"Suga grumbled.

"You mean playing the cupid?"Krystal asked and softly chuckled.

"Yeah, whatever you said. It's just that when Baekhyun gets stressed over things, I am always the one listening to his problems. And I am tired of listening his relationship problems and it makes me frustrated. Like, why don't they just get together already?"

"Well, you can't force them to be together. It takes time."Krystal said.

"How about we arrange them to meet somewhere private and let them talk it out?"

"Eh..."Krystal trailed off and said, "We can do that. We are fate right now."

"I have an idea."Suga smirked.

-

"It's enough back stabbing."

"What do you mean?"Hwang Anna asked, shutting down her laptop almost immediately.

"The company is blocking every computer from contacting any news sites or journalists."her manager said. "After what happened to the group Fairies. They are now extra careful about the agency's idols providing inside information to outsiders."the manager said.

"So? What does that have to do with me?"

"The ICT department just came to warn me about what you are doing."her manager continued.

"I just wanted to tell everyone the truth-"

"But it is not yours to tell."her manager ceased her. "You have changed Anna, since when are you so petty?"

"I'm offended."she said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Yeah, that's my goal."her manager said. "Stop whatever you are doing to your juniors and focus on your career. Your third east asia concert is starting at the end of the month, so focus on that."

-

"Baekhyun! Come quick! Taeyeon just injured her ankle in the room beside us!"Suga informed him as soon as he reached the practice room Baekhyun is in.

"What?!"Baekhyun turned back to look at his friend.

"Come on, she is hurt and she needs-"before Suga could finish, Baekhyun has already ran out the door. Suga smirked and casually followed behind him.

-

"I thought you said that Ms Lee called me here to teach me the choreography for our song individually. Where is she?"Taeyeon asked Krystal. 

"She said that she will wait for you here. So."Krystal said as she slowly backed away from her, reaching for the door knob.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."Krystal replied and pushed the door open before leaving Taeyeon alone in the room. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at her friend's suspicious motives.

What is she planning?

She was surprised to see Baekhyun slamming open the door and running in. He drew in a deep breath and looked at her as she stared back at him with a face of confusion.

"What are you doing here?"she asked.

"You are not hurt?"he asked, glancing at her ankle.

"No?"she stepped back as she hid her left foot behind her right unconsciously. "What brings you here?"she asked as Baekhyun stood there quietly.

Suga tricked me. This is my chance.

"Well, since the two of us are here alone. Let's talk."he said as he slowly approached her.

"I'm waiting for my dance instructor here right now. Let's talk another time."she said, turning away from him to go to the corner of the room to do some warm ups before her dance instructor arrives. "Please leave."she said without looking at him.

"Your dance instructor isn't going to come."he said, stopping in front of her.

"How are you so sure?"

"Krystal and Suga arranged this meeting."he replied. "Now, let's talk."

"I don't think that there is anything to talk about."

"Yes there is. I am tired of you avoiding me every time you see me. It is not going to get us anywhere."he said. "You are running away from everything again."he continued.

"What else if there to talk about? I can deal with my problems now."she said.

"You are still grumpy."he stated.

"You can't expect me to be happy and bubbly 24/7."

"That was you before this stupid rumour got to you."

She stood up and looked at him.

"You were so positive with everything. And you always forgive. Why not now?"he asked. "I saw you tormenting Elle in the practice room by tripping her while she is walking two days ago."he said. "And I was dissapointed. You are becoming a bully because of your hatred towards her, and you must stop."

"She deserves it."she muttered.

"Yes, she deserves it. But that is not the right way to take revenge. Just let karma do it's thing. Don't waste your energy on her."he said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You are better than this."

"Fine. You managed to convince me with the karma thing."she said. "I hope this doesn't sound rude. But can you leave now?Since we are done talking?"

"Not rude at all."he scoffed. "We still need to talk, about us."

Taeyeon heaved an exasperated sigh and looked at him, waiting for him to start.

"The truth is, you confessed to me about your feelings. But I didn't return it because I was threaten by my ex."he said. "Hwang Anna was my girlfriend for a year until we broke up a year ago. She found out about who my birth mother is. And she threatens me to stay away from you if I don't want my secret to be revealed to everyone."he explained.

"Then why are you telling me this?"

"But Hwang Anna can't hold that secret against me anymore. The upper management has decided to strengthen the leak of information within the company and the ICT department is doing a good job in securing it too. So I don't need to worry about Anna's threat anymore."he said. "And I am free to say that, I love you. A lot."he blushed as he confessed. "So, can you be my girlfriend? Officially?"

Taeyeon looked away and tried to process the confession in her head. He loves her back. Is it a happy ending for the both of them after all?

"No."she muttered, making Baekhyun hitch on his own breath. "We can't. I can't do it."she sighed.

"What?"

"Are you even sure that you love me back? Or are you just pitying me because of how vulnerable I was in the last few days? I don't want to get into something the both of us aren't sure of."she said, looking away from him. 

"I do love you. I love you as who you are."

"I'm sorry."she mumbled and quickly picked up her things before running out of the room, leaving him there dumbfounded.

-

A/N: Guys guys, there is a reason behind Taeyeon rejecting him although she does love him. So don't throw plates at me first and read the next chapter. (reason why i updated two chapters at once)