-23-

"Should I turn right now or after another 200 metres later?"he asked her.

"The GPS said another 200 metres."Taeyeon replied. "Don't you know how to listen to the GPS?"She asked him.

"I know. I just need your confirmation. Since we are going to your house, I don't want to be late to give your parents a bad impression."he said.

"Don't worry. They will be very fond of you."she assured him as she gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Relax. It's just my parents."

"Hopefully."he muttered.

Once they arrived at Taeyeon's house, Baekhyun parked his car at the driveway before getting off the car to go to the back to fetch the fruit basket he prepared for Taeyeon's parents.

"Wow you are really prepared."Taeyeon said as she eyed the fruit basket in his right hand.

"First impression matters."he said, combing his hair a bit with his fingers before moving down to adjust his shirt.

"You look fine. Don't worry. Come on let's go in."she said as she laced her arm around his and led him towards the door. Baekhyun gulped nervously as he waited for them to answer the door. When someone finally answered the door, Baekhyun bowed down 45 degrees at the person politely.

"What the.."

"Oppa, where is mum and dad?"Taeyeon asked her older brother, Jiwoong. Baekhyun's cheeks flushed into a deep color of red when he realized that he bowed so formally to Taeyeon's brother.

"Dad is watching tv and mum is in the kitchen."Jiwoong said as he glanced at Baekhyun. "Oh hello."

"Hi."Baekhyun waved at him shyly. Taeyeon snorted a laugh at how adorable her boyfriend looks like right now.

"Come in."Jiwoong said as he backed away from the entrance to give them space to get through the door. It was a pretty average looking place which gives off the homey vibe. Baekhyun carefully took every step into the house, careful not to do anything disrespectful unintentionally. He copied what Taeyeon does, when she took off her shoes and placed it on the rack, he followed suit too.

"Dad! Mum! I'm home!"she announced and ran towards the kicthen, leaving Baekhyun alone at the entrance. Taeyeon's dad glanced at Baekhyun over his shoulder before getting up from the sofa and approaching him.

"You must be my daughter's boyfriend."he said as he eyed Baekhyun from head to toe.

"Yes sir."Baekhyun nodded.

"Go and take a seat at the sofa. We will call you when lunch is ready."he said and walked towards the kitchen. Baekhyun felt super awkward as he's the only one left in the living room. He sat down on the couch and stared at the tv, not knowing what to do next.

-

"He's quite good-looking."Baekhyun's father said as he came into the kitchen. "Our grandchildren will be so good-looking too."he turned to his wife.

"Dad..."Taeyeon blushed.

"I already know that. He's a celebrity. Of course he will be good-looking."Her mother said. "I am wondering how tall he is though."

"Mum, he's not that tall, but he's taller than me."Taeyeon said. "And stop looking into your ideal type, he's my boyfriend."

"And my soon to be son-in-law."her mother said as she handed Taeyeon six bowls. "Help me to get the rice and tell your boyfriend to get ready at the table."

"Got it."Taeyeon said.

"When is Hayeon coming back?"her mother asked.

"Probably in a few minutes."her father replied as he glanced at the clock. "Her school ends fifteen minutes ago."he added.