chapter 4: your not so merciless

Picture above is Nathaniel the pack doctor.
*****

He swings me easily into his strong muscular arms. Quickly walking towards a middle aged man.

"Nathaniel, can you please check of katalia for any injuries?" Colton asks. Slowly Setting me down on a Log, I wince in pain at the movement. I'm still naked, keeping my head down, Colton seems to notices this, cause he swiftly pulls his shirt over his head and puts it over me. I hear a vicious growl and turn around to see a look of sheer hatred Painted on my mates face when he l looks at my bare back. I hurriedly pull his shirt down my back all the way and am immediately engulfed in the smell of the woods.

I shyly look up at Colton, this man is my mate.
"Do you hate me? I am ruined. I'm am covered in scars, I'm weak, and my mind is ruined also." I confess, as a single tear trails it's way down my face.

"How could I ever hate you? Your my mate and I won't have you thinking so lowly of yourself. You may be covered in scars, but why should your past dictate your worth? It was not your fault you were kidnapped, and I admire you more every single moment that you have been so strong through a thing were others would beg for death." He simply states. As he reaches for me.

He holds on to me feeling like electric currents are pulsing through my body at just a touch.

Colton POV..

I smile as I lay my head on hers. She's my mate I have finally found her!

I'm only brought out of my stupor by Nathaniel clearing his throat standing beside katalia with his medical kit.
I resist the urge to growl. "I've only just found her and he's going to make me move from her side?!" My wolf yells angerly. " She needs to get examined to make sure nothing else is wrong." my logical side explains to him.

Slowly, I untangle myself from my beautiful mate and Stand out of the way as he checks her heart rate, blood pressure and her back. I growl loudly my anger cannot be contained, At the amount of torture my mate has endured. Her back is marred with deep, bloody gashes. Older scars are whelped up.

I look over at Nathaniel and mind link him saying "Is there anything you can do about the pain? Hopefully the scars too, she's ashamed of them and she has no reason to be ashamed around me."

He looks at me thoughtfully, before a grin creeps it's way over his face. Before replying. "I never thought I'd see my merciless alpha be so caring to another person, and here I thought you were heartless." I hear the vibration of his chuckling before he answers "Yes, we can give her medicine for the pain and shots for the scars it should lighten and fade them."

I look over to my beautiful mate to see her slumped on the ground, asleep. Nathaniel looks over to me, giving me a wolfish grin. "You've certainly got a handful, she will be fine. Alpha, if I am done here I need to attend to the wounded wolves." He informs.

I nod my head at his dismissal and sigh as I lift Katalia into my arms and start walking in the direction of my pack. She stirs in my arms and lays her head against my chest. I continue walking, only to feel a wet spot on my chest, my mate is drooling on me!
I smile down at her sleeping Form and pull her closer, slobber don't hurt, I Just cannot get enough of this stunning woman I Hold in my arms.