the tides turn

Angel POV

This woman laying in my arms is the most gorgeous creature I've ever seen. She makes the most beautiful sights pale in comparison. She has a mate... the thought of that turns my stomach. She is rightfully mine! He had no right to claim her, she was made for me Always was mine.
I need to fix this, she loves him as he loves her. I have loved her longer!

She stirs in my arms.
"Just a little while longer my darling we will be home, where you belong, with me, with your family." I whisper my promises to her, and she calms immediately, still in a deep sleep.

I unfurl my wings, and take off, clutching katalia to my chest, to make sure she is safe and sound, never will i let any harm come to my beautiful katalia. I am truely suprized she does not remember me. I was the one she came to when she got hurt, when she was crying. We would play games of tag, I would slow my speed just so she could catch me, all to see that cherubic face light up in glee, at winning. I held her when she Was born. The connection was immediate, her mother was so delighted that her sons closest friend was her daughters mate. I was broken, when they sent katalia away, it was for her protection, but her mind was erased. She wouldn't remember the first few years with me. When they sent her away I was so broken, katalia's parents watched as I fell deeper and deeper into a depression only my mate could cure.
Her parents told me where she was. I would go and visit her ever night, and left her with the impression that it was all her imagination. I watched her grow up, I watched as she was kidnapped, I went to tell her parents so they could intervene, but by the time I returned she was in the arms of another man whom claimed to be her mate. There was nothing I could do, but now there is. Her family wants her back and I jumped at the chance to return her. She will be told everything that she has been wondering, she will be able to fully reach her memories, and learn to harness her powers.
My thoughts swarm my mind. I fly higher and higher, just comforted by the feel of my mate, whom has her face nuzzled into the Crook of my neck. Her slow breath tickling my neck.
It is almost time for her to understand what is happening.

I wonder how she will react.
Hopefully she will accept me, and if not, then I will leave her be with the man she loves. I just hope she will give me a chance.