Chapter 25 - Lance

Here goes nothing!

I knocked on the door and waited for her to shuffle to it and open it. Martha opened her door in her yoga gear and gasp at me. I knelt down slowly on the floor in front of her and reached into my back pocket and fished out a small box.

"Martha Narraway, will you marry me?" I asked.

"Is this some kind of sick...."

"It's not a joke!" I promised, "I wouldn't joke about this!"

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Martha I'm an idiot!" I said, "I always have been. I'm also a man-whore, womaniser and asshole. I always thought that my mother and sisters would be the only women I care about but it's not true anymore. God woman! I don't know what the hell you are doing to me. You've changed my views, my morals, my life. The minute you entered my life to the moment you left me I have not, for one second, stopped thinking about you. I honestly don't know what love it, but if this is it, then I'm gonna fucking fight for you!"

"Why the hell did you leave then?" She cried, "You clam to love me but you left me and your baby!"

"I ran because I was scared!" I told her, "Martha, I'm a coward. What I don't know, I run from and I sure as hell don't know how to be a dad. I regretted that the moment I did it."

"Why now?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I pressed.

"Why now? After everything why do you think I'd take you back now?" She asked.

"I don't," I replied, "I know you won't but I have to try. As I said before, I don't know what love it but if this is it then I'm gonna fucking fight for it."

"Yes."

"What?"

"Yes I know you will," she explained, "And yes I'll marry you!"

"Thank god! Because my knees are..."

She shut me up by pushing her lips on mine. We fell back onto the floor of hallway of her flat with her on top of me. Relief swept over me as I slid the ring onto her finger before she pushed her tongue into my mouth. Embarrassingly, I felt myself harden underneath her.

"Looks like a woke something," she moaned as I kissed her neck.

"You. Always. Do!" I replied.

"Let's get inside!" She murmured.

"I always do!" I flirted.

****

I threw her legs over my shoulders before slamming into her once again. She cried out as I did so and I muffled my own moans. Her insides had turned liquid almost as soon as we had started making it easier to slip in and out.

"Fuck baby! You feel so good!" I moaned.

"Oh shit! I missed this!" She replied.

I kissed my way down her breast and stomach as I continued to thrust in and out of her. Her body arched and reacted in perfect synchronisation to my own movements and the sound of her moans filled my ears. They became louder and louder until I felt her buckle and shaking as her orgasm washed over her. I continued to thrust in and out furiously until she came again and, moments later, I did too. I collapsed on the bed next to her, allowing my orgasm to consume me. She laid her head on my chest and kissed me before just laying there panting. Her left hand lay on my chest, allowing me to see her engagement ring on her thin finger. I smiled.

"What?" She breathed.

"I never thought I'd see the day when my fiancée lays next to me with a ring on her perfect finger," I replied before kissing each finger in turn.

"Well you do so...."

"Martha who is this?"

We both looked to the door to see a red haired guy standing in the to doorway of the room. His snake bits shone in the sun from the open curtains and his hazel eyes were filled with anger and fear. In his hand, he held a rounders bat.

"Dominic, stop!" Martha shouted.

"Who is he?" The man repeated.

"Dominic! He's my fiancé!" Martha replied.

"You don't have one!" Dominic replied, "This looks like the punk kid you wanted me to keep away from you."

"Dominic STOP!" Martha shouted, "He proposed!"

She flashed her engagement ring and Dominic instantly dropped the bat her was holding. His face softened before splitting into a smiled. He hugged Martha quickly before picking the bat up and leaning it against the wall. He walked around to me and held put his hand. I timidly shook it.

"Dominic. Dominic Narraway," he said.

"Lance Ride.....wait WHAT?" I shouted, "Narraway?"

Martha laughed, "Dominic's my brother."

"Oh thank fuck!" I breathed in relief.

"Why? Who did you think I was?" Dominic asked.

"Her psycho ex-boyfriend," I replied.

Dominic burst out laughing, "I can't believe you never told him you had a brother! Do I mean that much to you sis?"

"Sorry baby bro!" She laughed.

"I'm twenty one dude! I ain't a baby!" Dominic replied.

"Whatever!" Martha replied.

Dominic rolled his eyes before exiting the room. We both took that moment to put some clothes on. I then decided to quickly jump in her shower before getting dressed as I stunk of sweat and sex. I heard Martha join me and we had a quick round of shower sex. I smiled at her.

"A brother huh?" I asked, "This explains why you have a two bedroom flat."

"He's moving out in a few months," she explained, "It gets lonely around here on my own."

"What are you suggesting Mrs Ride?" I laughed.

"I'm suggesting that you move in!" She replied.

I kissed her, "I'd love to!"

"I'd love you to too!" She giggled.

"I love you!" I replied.

"I love you too!"

When we emerged from the shower, we dressed then stripped her bed. I knew how much Martha appreciated a clean house so I agreed to help her clean up. I didn't want to get on her bad side before I was even moved in.

"I need to show you something!" Martha said, grabbing my arm.

"Ok," I replied.

She pulled me into her bed room and opened her wardrobe, one of the drawers in the chest of drawers and opened the door on the left bedside cabinet. Her wardrobe was half empty and the drawer and cabinet was completely empty.

"For you!" She said finally.

"For me?" I questioned.

"Well, while I got you cleaning the kitchen, I had a bit of a clear out and found that there was enough space for you to move in! Tah dah!" She explained.

"I don't know what to say!" I replied.

"I know! Happy birthday!"

She leaned up to kiss me when my phone rang. I answered it before dropping to my knees. It was my mother crying down the phone. My father was in hospital and Ella had collapsed. Martha dropped beside me.

"Baby? What's happened?" She asked.

"My dad's in hospital! They don't think he will make it!" I breathed.

"Let's go!" She said pulling me to my feet.

"You can't come!" I replied.

"If you need me, I'm there!" She said firmly.

"Thank you!" I replied.