Chapter 31 -Alex

"I can't believe you are taking me to Vegas!" I giggled.

"You only get to re-marry the love of your life once!" David laughed.

"Nothing but you, me and sex!" I flirted.

"But your seven months pregnant!" David pointed out.

I rolled my eyes, "Since when has that ever stopped us?"

"Very true!" David murmured.

He then slowly brought his lips down on to mine and every so lightly planted a kiss on my lips. There was no tongue or anything special but it was still one of my most cherished moments as it was so simple yet so beautiful.

"I love you!" He told me.

"I love you too!" I replied, snuggling in into his shoulder in the uncomfortable airport seats, "Nothing will stop me from loving you!"

"You mean my illness?" He asked.

"No!" I replied, "Well yes but I mean anything! I will always love you!"

"I know!" He replied, "I will always love you."

I nodded, "I know!"

David lifted my chin gently, "Come on! Let's not think about that! Dry your tears babe, we are getting married again! It's supposed to be happy!"

I smiled weakly in reply, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry! Be happy! Do I need to sing?" He laughed.

"God no!" I replied.

He pouted, "But our baby needs to hear Queen to be happy!"

"No she doesn't!" I laughed.

"She?" David breathed.

I bit my lip, "I went in for a scan last week to make sure I was ok to fly and I couldn't take not knowing! I'm sorry!"

"Don't be!" David replied, "to be honest I'm glad you told me! I was dying to know!"

"I love you!" I replied.

"I love you too!" He responded before kissing my stomach, "I love you both!"

****

"Hey mum! Hey dad!"

I blinked to check what I was seeing. In front of me stood all my children with their partners, Shannon, Riley, Matt, Reid as well as Sophie and Jake with their daughters. I stared at them all in disbelief.

"How and when did you all get here?" I breathed.

"We all flew in at the same time you did," Jason said, gesturing to his siblings and partners, "Everyone else arrived yesterday."

"How did you know?" David asked.

"I over heard you talking last week," Lance replied, "You guys aren't as quiet as you think."

I laughed, "So it seems."

"Auntie Alex we all wanted to be here," Suzanne said, "Because we all love you."

"Is that true Soph?" I asked.

I hadn't spoken to my cousin since the tenth anniversary of Lucy's death. Sophie was still distressed about it and because I wasn't crying, she accused me of not caring which became a full on argue,net between us. We had never spoken it out. The truth was I was still seriously hurting at the anniversary but I was trying to stay strong for my kids and for Lucy. I knew she wouldn't want to see us crying over her. She would want us to celebrate her life.