Chapter 27 - Ella

Zac had kept his promise. He had organised everything for the wedding including my dress. It was a floor length blue tinted dress with with full sleeves and what could only be described as a blue firework swirl on the side of the dress at my waist made by tiny navy blue gems. My hair was neatly tied in a plaited bun on the top of my head with real daisies woven into it. My heels were plain white and only two inches which suited me fine.

"How do I look girls?" I whispered.

"You look stunning," I turned to see my father in the door way, "Are you really my little girl?"

I ran up and hugged him tightly. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks are I did so. He lifted my cheeks and gently wiped away my tears before kissing my forehead. I smiled before hugging him again.

"Come on now baby girl! You don't want to ruin you make up!" He reminded me.

"I don't care!" I replied, "I'm just happy you are still here to give me away?"

****

"You can't be dying dad!" I cried, "You just can't!"

"You won't meet my baby if you do!" Rory cried.

"Or mine!" Lance joined.

"You won't see my wedding!" Jason whispered.

"Woah woah woah! What have I missed?" Dad asked.

"I'm pregnant," Aurora explained.

"I'm engaged to Martha who is pregnant," Lance replied.

"I'm engaged to Bradley!" Jason explained.

"Kids listen! I will be around long enough to see all of this! You can be damn sure of that!" Dad said, "When I'm a bit stronger I need to have a word with all of you about something called safe sex. Obviously you have never heard of it!"

We smirked and all looked at each other before looking at mum who became bright red. She turned her head away and scratched her eyebrow which meant she knew exactly what we were implying. Dad then turned red as he realised too.

"Well never mind then," he said quickly, "But seriously guys. I love all of you and I want to stay with you all forever but I can't. Sooner or later I'm not going to be here but I've been given a year to live so be damn sure I'm not gonna waste a second of it! Go plan your various weddings and I'll pay for because you can be damn sure I'm going!"

He then began pulled off all the monitors and wires from his body. He slowly eased himself out of bed, with assistance from mum before sinking down onto one knee. We all gasped at the scene being played out before us. We thought we would never see the day.

"Alex," dad began, "I was going to wait until our twentieth anniversary but seeing as how.... Well.... Will you remarry me now instead?"

"God you crazy stupid man," my mother exclaimed, "Do you really have to asked?"

She pulled him into a passionate kiss which was when we swiftly exited the room to leave them with their private moment.

****

"You girls ready?" My mother asked.

Aurora, Mary, Susie, Jacqui and, the latest edition, Martha were all dressed in their sky blue bridesmaid dresses. I asked my mother to be one of my bridesmaids but she had declined, saying she was too old now to be a bridesmaid. She had come dressed today in a deep green maternity dress that finished as her knees and was all lacy over her shoulders and sleeves. My younger sibling protruded from her stomach.

"You girls look stunning! Mary, Susie, Jacqui. I hope you get all the guys tonight. As for the rest of you keep practicing the word no as you are all engaged to be married!" My mother laughed, "And you are all pregnant with your fiancé's kids so..."

I rolled my eyes, "Final picture?"

Aurora, Mary and Susie stood on my left side with Martha and Jacqui on my right. Dad was about to take the picture when I noticed mum was standing directly behind him, as if hiding from everyone so as not to be in the picture.

"Come on mum!" I called, "You have GOT to be in the picture!"

"No no no!" She replied hastily, "You don't want an old pregnant woman ruining the picture!"

"You won't ruin the picture mum," Rory replied.

"Go on baby!" Dad encouraged.

She sighed, "Fine."

She slowly began to walk out from behind my father when she was pulled back by him. He held her for a moment, cupping her cheek. He murmured into her ear before pulling her lips onto his. He placed the camera on the nearby table before embracing her fully, encircling his arms around her, pulling her closer. I then saw the flash of a camera. My parents instantly pulled away to see Aurora with her phone out.

"What?" She asked defensively, "Oh come on! It for the album! That was cute!"

We laughed as we heard a knocking on the door. We all turned around to see Lance in the doorway. He was dressed in a black suit with a sky blue shirt on that matched the colour of the bridesmaids' dresses.

"The minister sent me to....woah!" Lance froze, "Martha! You look stunning!"

Martha blushed, "Thanks! You look great too!"

"Wha did the minister say?" I asked, interrupting there gazing.

"What? Oh yeah! He said that the wedding will commence in five minutes," Lance said, "the last guests have arrived."

"Ok thanks," I said.

Lance left and I turned to my bridesmaids. There was the last touch ups of hair and make up before we all walked out on the beautiful gold course where the wedding was being held. The girls walked ahead first, throwing rose petals on the ground. I took my dad's arm as the guests rose from their seats.

"You ready baby girl?" Dad asked.

I smiled, "I've waited long enough."

With that we began to step slowly down the isle. I could see my very-soon-to-be-husband in his black suit and deep blue shirt at the end next to Jason, Lance and Reid who were all dressed in the same clothes as each other as the were all acting best man. As we approached the end of the isle, my father kissed my cheek and handed me to Zac.

"You look gorgeous!" He murmured.

"Thanks," I replied.

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of this man and this woman on this golf course today! Now any of you who don't think these two should be married....then the exit is other there as this is happening today regardless," the minister joked, "Zac you are first in you vows."

Zac licked his lips nervously, "I'm going to be honest, I didn't write any vows. The reason being is because nothing I say will be news to you. Ella, ever since we ate those pancakes at my house before making that ridiculous Lego building when we were five years old, I knew you were the one for me! Believe me when I say, nothing has changed since. I will even love you as we slowly wither. The only thing that will change is the amount of energy I have for sex!" I laughed as he slid the ring on my finger, "What I'm saying is I love you! I love you more than anything Ella!"

"Zac! Oh god my crazy, workaholic Zac! When my uncle tried to kill me all those years ago all I could think of was letting you have my scooby doo figures! Now that I'm older all I can think about is being married to you!" I said, "The only other man who is as important to me as you are is my dad! I will risk life and limb for you because I love you! You make me who I am today and help me be who I want to be tomorrow. You're my best friend! You're my husband! You're my soul mate!"

I slide his ring onto his finger before holding his hands again.

"And by the power invested in me! I pronounce you husband and wife! Now get to kissing!" The minister laughed.

Zac pulled my lips on to his and I held clapping from the guest and a couple of ewwwwws from my brothers. I didn't care! Zac was finally mine and I was finally his!