13/ islands

-

"you okay?" drake said to me, "you've been acting quiet since I picked you up yesterday"

"I'm fine" and I was, just trapped in my thoughts.

I hadn't spoken to kye or any of the boys since, but it hadn't been long.

"we doing something today, I wanna hit up the Toronto islands with some of the gang,"

"we gonna rent those 2 person bike car things," (I'll put a picture at the top I don't know what they're called)

"so we need pairs, and I dibs lia"

"no, she's my best friend, damn you graham,"

he laughed at me, "it's like a boy girl thing,"

"oh so you're forcing me to be with kye just so you can move to lia?" I shoved him and laughed, slapping his shaven head

"ow, and basically yeah. leons gonna bring his girlfriend too and myles and rio are gonna be a pair cos they single as hell,"

"are we just ignoring the fact you pairing with lia and talking bout bringing his 'girlfriend too', are you a thing or?" he started smiling

"it's complicated, and don't say nothing, cos you and kyes relationship is complicated as fuck"

I laughed, "true, true. just do your thing ugly" I said, walking up the stairs to get changed

I checked the weather downtown, and it was around 27 degrees celsius (80f), toronto weather was crazy. one day it's -4 and the next it's 30.

I couldn't wear my trademark outfit of an American apparel skirt, or my tshirt dress cos we'd be riding bikes, goddamn.

I picked out black high waisted denim shorts, a silky baby pink crop top and a black woes baseball cap.

"you ready?" drake shouted up and I made my way downstairs.

"we picking up kye, rio and myles, then lia, and leon is meeting us there with his girlfriend" I nodded.

"have you met his girl before?" I looked up at drake as we made our way outside.

"yeah, she's nice. different from you and lia because she older, but still fun."

I sat in the back so one of the boys could sit upfront.

we pulled up to the apartment complex, and they were all waiting outside. I giggled to myself because they looked so punk. myles was wearing ripped jeans and a black tshirt, kye was wearing a sex pistols top and black jeans, and rio wore grey jeans with a yeezy season ripped up tshirt.

"it's gonna be LIT!" rio screamed, getting into the front seat.

everyone was in, "wait," they looked at me "someone's gonna have to sit on someone's lap when lia gets in, goddamn why can we never take the right amount of cars?"

"kye probably does it on purpose, that's the most action that boy be getting" rio commented

"fuck you, haters" kye laughed, screwing up his face.

"rio and myles just hate because they're single"

"OOOOOOOOOH" drake and kye screamed at my comment

"chill," I laughed at them while the boys gave me fake dirty looks, and myles lightly pushed my arm; whereas kye would've left a bruise.

the car journey was filled with traffic, and everyone was hot and sweaty - especially us in the back seat.