Chapter 9

So not only do I have to deal with Derek, I have to deal with his prissy little girlfriend too. The girl I once called my "best friend". God. Why was I ever her friend? She's a horrible person.
Her name is Cassandra. I want to punch her just at the sound of her name. Cassandra and I met when we were 10. She entered a beauty pageant that I was also in, and I won might I add. We met from there. Through the years she had gotten older and always seemed the like to have guys' attention. That was where our problems started. She would go out every weekend and get drunk, and do other things, I'm sure. I would stay in every weekend and read. Right there, we're two different people.
She had countless boyfriends through High school until she dropped, big surprise there. Her grades were horrible. She was a cheater, in more ways than one. I once caught her and a substitute teacher "talking"
there was no talking going on.
Anyway. You're probably wondering why I don't like her. Well, I had gotten back from a major school trip and I wasn't supposed to get back until the next day, but I was able to find a early flight. I decided to go surprise Derek. His mom had given me a key to their house in case of emergencies. This was indeed a emergency. I needed to see my boyfriend. I unlocked the door and made sure Derek wasn't sitting in the kitchen. I walked through the house and couldn't find him, which was unusual. Usually he's in the game room playing with his friends. I go upstairs to his room and I hear giggling, he must be playing with his little sister. They're really close. I open the door, I'm shocked to see what was happening. I instantly started crying and ran out
"Abbi. Abbigail, I can explain"
There they were. In plain sight, kissing each other and lord knows what else they were about to do. My heart instantly sank. My boyfriend of almost 5 years was cheating on me..with Cassandra. How can this be? He just sent me a text saying that he loves me.
I ran outside and it was pouring rain. Great. Just great. I find a bench and I just sit there, soaking in everything that I just saw. How can I be so stupid? was this the first time he cheated on me? Has he been cheating on me from the start? So many questions left unanswered. After a couple months I finally talked to Derek. He came clean about everything. He had been cheating on me with Cassandra for 2 years. And get this, the only reason he told me this was because he got her pregnant. Real big surprise. I seriously thought Derek was the one. We had been through so much but had always came out strong, but there was no way we were gonna come out strong on this one. He had been unfaithful to me for almost 3 years.
After seeing them both, it brought up so many memories of me and them. Most of them are horrible memories.

I have to be nice while serving them, though. Company policy 🙄
I got their drink orders and got it to their table
"this isn't what I ordered" Derek screamed and then threw the glass at me hitting me in the eye. He just sat there and laughed. Cassandra, being the oh-so-lovely human she is, dumps her drink on me. "Oops" she says laughing. I get up and put on a smile
"Accidents happen" I smile and start walking away "cute baby, by the way" I brush off my apron and start to walk off. Derek grabs me by my arm and I get free. He starts backing me into a corner, looking angry. Shouldn't I be the one angry here? He brings up his fist like he's gonna hit me, so I close my eyes. I keep my eyes closed when I hear Derek yelling at someone to get off him. "Don't you dare hit her, You should treat woman with respect, now leave before I call the cops" I heard the familiar voice say. I open my eyes, I couldn't believe who was trying to protect me...

______________
DUN DUN DUHHHNNNNNN
Who is the guy trying to protect her? Is it a totally hot stranger?  or is it one of the NASCAR boys from the other table? OR IS IT SOMEONE ELSE? the world may never know, until my next update 😂💁🏼