Chapter 23

It's been over 24 hours and JH still hasn't spoken to me. It was a very lonely night at home. Even though he was home, he just hid out in the garage.

I decide to call Chase and ask if I can stay the night tonight. Maybe it'll be good for us to have some time apart.

"Hey Chase, can I stay the night tonight?" I ask knowing his answer already
"Of course you can. My front door is unlocked so just come in when you get here" He says
"Thank you so much. I'll see you in a few!" I say and hang up the phone

I grab a bag and some clothes. If JH finds out i'm staying with Chase, he's not gonna be happy. But Chase is my best friend. He's gotta get over that. I hurry out the door before John Hunter sees me.

I get to Chase's house and walk in. I set my bag on his couch.

"HONEY IM HOME" I scream as he walks out of the kitchen
He laughs and comes over and gives me a hug.

"Now, you know I love having you stay with me, but you have to tell me what's going on" He says as he grabs my bag and takes it up the stairs. I follow him.
"John Hunter is just being weird. He has been the last few months. I'm really getting tired of it. It's almost like he doesn't love me anymore" I say and Chase just looks at me with shock on his face
"What.." I ask
"I don't understand how someone couldn't love you, Abbi. I mean, I loved you the minute I met you" He says and his face gets a little red. That was cute.

I just sit on the big king size bed and sigh.

"I know what you need" Chase says and runs out of the room and down the stairs

He quickly comes back up and throws me a movie and 4 different bags of chips.

"Movie night" He says as he sticks the movie in the DVD player

It's The Notebook. He knows me too well. He also brought me a box of tissues. He's such a good person. He'd be a great boyfriend. I smile to myself and look up to see him looking at me.

"What?" I say laughing
"What were you thinking about?" he asks with curiosity
"Nothing" I lie. I was thinking about him.

Why was I thinking about him? I need to think about John Hunter.

More importantly, I need to think about John Hunter and me.

Maybe we would just be better off not together. He could focus on his racing and I can focus on other things. Maybe it would be best for both of us. I don't want to not be with him, but I can't be in a relationship with someone who constantly acts miserable. I can't do it. He can't either. It's not a way to live.

I'll just have to talk to him in the morning.