Chapter 21

As soon as he sent the text, my phone started ringing. I quickly answered the call. It was him.

"So it's me? " he asked, I could hear him smiling through the phone

"It's you." I quickly added

"I'm coming to see you" he said after a slight pause

"But you have a race! You can't miss the race!" I almost yell through the phone. All he does is laugh.

"It's only an hour and a half plane ride. Plus it's too late, i'm already here" he said as I heard a knock at the door

I quickly jumped off my couch to open the door. There he was, standing there so perfectly.

"Hi" he said with a cheesy grin on his face.

I was still shocked that he was there so I didn't say anything. He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me close to him. I knew right then and there, I made the right decision. He was who I was supposed to be with. No doubts, no questions. I just knew.

He gave me a kiss on my forehead before pulling away from the hug. He gave the best hugs.

"Abbi" he started to say "never mind. It's not important" he brought his hand down to mine, bringing me to the couch. We sat down and he just stared at me.

"What were you gonna say?" I ask with suspicion in my voice

"Why?" He asks. Plain and simple.

I was a little confused but then it quickly hit me. He wants to know why I chose him.

"Why did you choose me?" He asks quietly

"I always knew it was gonna be you. From the moment I looked into your eyes, I knew. From the first word you said to me, to the way you look at me. From the way your family treated me, to the way you acted near me, even after you've had a bad race. You were the reason I started going to all the races. I wanted to be with you, near you. All the time. I was too afraid to admit it, but now I'm not. I'm falling hopelessly and desperately in love with you. You were the person I was thinking of as I left, but I still needed to leave. I was very confused, but I'm definitely not anymore. It's you John Hunter Nemechek."

He sat there quietly, trying to gather his thoughts. But he was smiling so I know I said everything right.

I'm falling in love, and I think so is he.

__________________
So y'all kept asking for more updates and you got it. It's also my birthday so I thought a cute update would be fun to do💁🏼