13

Ana rolled over in bed and looked at a peacefully sleeping Benny. She was glad it was Saturday and planned on staying in bed all day, she quickly realized when she came back from LA, that she did not miss getting up for work.

"Why are you staring at me?" Benny grumbled as he opened one eye.

"I stare at all my boyfriends while they sleep."

"Funny."

"I try." She sighed snuggling into his chest, "do you want breakfast?"

"Pancakes." He said. "Oh and those sausage patties and toast."

"Okay, if I'm making a giant breakfast you're waking up too. Now start coffee." She threw his T-shirt on and made her way to the bathroom.

The smell of the coffee hit her as soon as it started brewing.

"Does coffee go bad? That smells disgusting." She said walking to the kitchen.

"I just bought it the other day. Maybe you just don't like this brand." He said looking at the container.

"Take it to your apartment later, I don't want it here stinking up mine."

"Sooo, have you thought about calling your dad?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to upset her.

"Not really. He waited twenty-five years he can wait a little longer."

"I just think it would be good for you to meet him. Don't you want to know about your family? If you have siblings or anybody else?"

"Why do you care so much?" She snapped, "it's not your family so it doesn't concern you!"

"I'm sorry," he said coming up behind her, "I just don't want you to regret something later on."

"I know. Sorry, I just don't know what to do and it's freaking me out." She said wrapping her arms around him.

"I won't bug you about it anymore." He said kissing the top of her head.

"You know how you said you loved me?"

"Ana we don't have to talk about it."

"Just listen. You are my best friend, and I do love you. You're the one person I can always count on, I just, you know I'm new to this whole serious relationship thing.

So I love you, I'm just not in love with you yet. But you make me really happy Benny and I don't want to screw that up."

Benny picked her up and put her on the counter, "you make me really happy too." He said softly before kissing her.

They kissed for a minute before Benny started moving down her neck to chest, "Benny." She said breathlessly. He didn't stop or say anything.

"Benny," she said again pushing him away. "The foods burning." She chuckled.

***
She paced back and forth in front of Benny, the dial tone ringing through the apartment.

"Hello?"

His voice sounded raspy like he smoked a pack a day.

"Um, hi this is Ana. Your, um...daughter."

"Ana, yeah of course. How was your trip?"

"It was good. Um, I figured I'd give you a call since I'm back now."

"Of course. I know it's probably weird me just popping up like this. I don't really deserve it, but I'd like to meet you. Get to know you a little. I work at a studio out in Chicago. Maybe we can get together for lunch."